Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » /opt/kerio on a netapp NFS volume (storage and nfs)
  •  
forum69

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We are going to implement KMS on a new architecture.

We've got a Netapp 2020 for data storage with NFS links for data access.

We would like to use netapp services (snapshots, volume cloning, extensible space...) for kerio directory housing. We have no SAN.
iSCSI is not implementing and we have no experience on it.

The entire /opt/kerio will be on a specific netapp volume accessed using NFS mounts. OS will be on a physical server.

Webmail will dedicated to mobile computing. Clients will access their mailboxes with a private VPN using local clients.

Using a test server (relativy old, but with scsi drives),a smtp server stress did not show significant performances differences between local and distant data access.

I would like to share experiences with such configuration (global /opt/kerio) on a nfs volume. Does anybody implement such a solution ?

I read some topics on the forum. Some old responses reported possible latency problems.

regards

•  
campodoro74

Depends on how many users are going to be connected to the server. I've got 2 Kerio installations inside ESX connected to an external iSCSI device and it's working great. However, I've only got 50+ KOC / KOFF users.
  •  
forum69

about 300 users.

but concurrent access of the mailboxes via the webmail will be perhaps 20-50 users.

This is an unknown data. We don't know if users will shift to the webmail at office. Possible that some will.

•  
tek_san

So I guess you have a flexclone License for a desaster recovery case?

When we started to implement Kerio mail store on NFS base we stumbled upon this.
We would not be able to recover a corrupt NFS mailstore in short time without flexclone. So we went to an iScsi implementation and do our snapshots there.

This gives us great perfomance and the ability to recover single files or the whole mail store almost instantly without the extra cost of flexclone.
Overall performance feels like a direct attached drive.
The FAS2020 runs 15 ESX including Kerio and is a fileserver for our Windows Users.
Setting up Iscsi was very straiightforward as our KMS is based on Win2003.
I have no experience with other OS running iscsi attached drives.

regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
Previous Topic: Address Book syncing questions
Next Topic: strange problem, item count is quite wrong, any idea?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 04:48:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.