Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » LDAP via PAM authentication on Ubuntu 8.04 64 Bit
  •  
slowhand

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

we have Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 installed on a Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64 system which works quite fine. We use ldap authentication via unix PAM and even that is working as desired but the ugly problem is, it raises an error on every login in /var/log/auth.log as follows:

Sep 11 16:39:40 keydev1 mailserver: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_unix.so)
Sep 11 16:39:40 keydev1 mailserver: PAM [error: /lib/security/pam_unix.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]
Sep 11 16:39:40 keydev1 mailserver: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_unix.so

The PAM config file in /etc/pam.d/keriomail is:

#%PAM-1.0
#auth       required    /lib32/security/pam_unix_auth.so
#account    required    /lib32/security/pam_unix_acct.so
#password   required    /lib32/security/pam_unix_passwd.so nullok md5 shadow

auth       required   /lib32/security/pam_ldap.so
account    required   /lib32/security/pam_ldap.so
password   required   /lib32/security/pam_ldap.so

Does anybody know why PAM still searches for the module pam_unix.so and why it uses its 64bit-version? How can I avoid this.

Many thanks in advance!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You need to install the PAM modules correctly and change the keriomail PAM module if running on 64-bit system. Read http://support.kerio.com/kb/520
  •  
slowhand

Thanks for your answer. But I installed everything exactly as described in that KB article (as you can see, the paths are pointing to a lib32 directory). It is currently working. But there are still the error messages in auth.log for every(!) login.

I'd like to use the LDAP directory exclusively and so I have no other module in the keriomail PAM config. So I'm wondering why there are errors telling me, the mailserver wants to load the 64bit module pam_unix.so from /lib/security/pam_unix.so. Is there any additional configuration I need to change to use 32bit modules?

BTW: I tested PAM auth with normal pam_unix.so as it came with the example configuration

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required    /lib32/security/pam_unix_auth.so
account    required    /lib32/security/pam_unix_acct.so
password   required    /lib32/security/pam_unix_passwd.so nullok md5 shadow

and it works but there are the same errors on every login. So it seems to be no LDAP related problem but a more general PAM/64bit problem.
Previous Topic: 2 adsl lines 1 domain
Next Topic: iCal Delegates Disappear Issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:43:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.