Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple Mail Tasks and iCal/KMS Tasks
  •  
joapalmer

Send a private message to this user
Hello. We have a problem that Apple Mail clients creates tasks in a new calendar account instead of the configured calendar account in iCal that syncs with KMS.

On a clean install OSX 10.5.7 we set up accounts in Mail with the exhange-option, and iCal via the autoconfigure option. Then iCal syncs fine with KMS, but as soon as we create the first task in Apple Mail there is a duplicate calendar created in iCal which doesn't sync with KMS standard events. Those calendar events seem to be stored in a separate folder found in webmail called "Apple Mail Todo" or not stored at all.

We have a shared environment with KMS 6.7.1 with 15 clients running on Win 2003 server. Clients are Mac OSX Leopard, Win XP and iPhones.

We would gratly appreciate a resolution to this as it creates daily problems when calendar events are lost or invitations not being sent etcetera...

Regards Joa Palmer
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Unfortunately, this is Apple Mail feature. All ToDo items created in Apple Mail are synchronized to a special IMAP folder Apple Mail ToDo on the server. Although iCal displays it as a calendar, it cannot be synchronized because it is not a "real" calendar (nor with CalDAV neither with Kerio Sync Connector for Mac).
  •  
joapalmer

Thanks for prompt reply. This was bad news. Is there really no alternative to buying Microsoft Entourage licences and have a smooth user experience with Mac and KMS? We have tried Entourage in the past but did not like the software interface. Any ideas - anyone?

My follow up questions - well not really KMS questions anymore - but anyway to make KMS work with the Apple software.

1. Might it be possible to prevent the calendar account from popping up in iCal? It is very confusing for less experienced users with multiple calendar accounts (in our case they even have the same calendar "name").

2. Would it be possible to remove the "create task" option from apple mail?

3. Anyone know if Snow Leopard Mail and iCal clients changes anything with regards to the original problem with Mail ToDos?
  •  
My IT Indy

Entourage tasks don't sync anywhere either, so that's not the route to go. Not until Exchange Web Services came around last month and that only works with Exchange 2007.

If Kerio would support EWS (hint hint Kerio) then the user experience would be great for Snow Leopard AND Entourage users.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
joapalmer

Crying or Very Sad
Well, I'm almost certain I did see in an older datasheet (approx 1 year ago) that KMS supported "tasks" on the Mac platform, it was only "Notes" that were missing in the comparison. Now when I look at the current datasheet I see that you´re right.

What about the upcoming Outlook for Mac version. Does Kerio plan to support this client fully?
Previous Topic: strange problem, item count is quite wrong, any idea?
Next Topic: iCal losing delegates
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 09:02:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.