Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Load Balacing Not Working
  •  
hjuser

Send a private message to this user
I have 2 pppoe connections each one 512 kbps (created through raspppoe ) and i want to load balance them

the problem is that kerio always use one of the connection and never use the other

if i put the balacing speed of one connection 513 and the other 512 all the raffic will go through the 513 , and the same happens for the opposite

if i put the 2 at the same value (512) all the traffic will also go through one conncetion and never through the other.

if i start a download , then lower the balacing speed of the connection i am using, then start another download this is the only way i can use the 2 connections stimultaniously

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

[Updated on: Sun, 13 September 2009 16:15]

•  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

The solution to your problem is to enable NAT in the 'Firewall traffic' policy rule. Otherwise only the link with the highest bandwidth is always used, just as you write.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
hjuser

thank you! that solved the issue
  •  
hmadsen

Hi

I am a new kerio user (Just ordered my license).

I have 2 lines as well, at present time one is a 10 Mbit and the other is a 512 Kbit (Pending upgrade) but if i choose load balancing and enter 10 Mbit and 512 Kbit it says :

512 Kbit ---> Up/Active
10 Mbit ---> Up/Inactive

I have never seen the 10 Mbit being active and i was wondering if this is because of some problem or simply because i dont saturate the 512 Kbit line and it then dont use the other line..

I have NAT enabled as far as i can see in the Traffic policy part. (Have used the wizard and it has pr. default enabled it if i am not mistaken).

Hmadsen
  •  
hmadsen

Just to finish this one off and to tell what my problem was for future searchers this was my problem.

The fast line was configured for DHCP from elsewhere and they had reserved IP's in 192.168.2.X ip space even though it only gave me a 192.168.1.X ip.

So the solution was to change the IP that my own slow line to 192.168.128.1 instead.

Now both lines co-exist just nicely and the load balancer seems to be working (Until now i have not switched the users over to the kerio line so i am the only user)..

hmadsen
Previous Topic: Technical Clarification
Next Topic: Multiple Internet IPs and Load Balacing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:11:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.