Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Finding license info (Is it possible from the Linux command line)
  •  
TorW

Send a private message to this user
Hello. I'm trying to find the KMS license info - i.e. number of licenses we have bought and how many we have left - from the Linux command line. We use RHEL5.

Is it possible to find this info anywhere except the splash screen in the admin application?
  •  
ccjwells

You can cat /opt/kerio/mailserver/license/license.key and get the total number of users allowed but I can't find a good way to get the total number of used seats yet. You could BS a way by counting user folders in your store folder and lists in your lists folder if you're comfortable with shell scripting. I imagine it would get pretty complicated if you host multiple domains though.
  •  
TorW

OK, thanks for the tip. I was actually trying to avoid tricks like that, but now support tells me it isn't possible. Off to the editor then Wink
  •  
TorW

Just to follow up: I am now counting license usage and getting the same number of "spent" licenses as the admin console reports. The point of the whole thing was to monitor license usage in Nagios, something we now do.

The script just dumps the number of bought and used licenses in a file where the Nagios checks picks them up and reports them. Since the ACLs in the Kerio directories are so strict, this is a two stage process. If anyone needs to do the same thing, PM me.
Previous Topic: Folder Compress for Performance?
Next Topic: Open Relay/Compromised Kerio Mail Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 19:12:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00385 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.