Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Project : server and backup
  •  
fredlamour

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I am testing actually kerio mail server and it is compliant to my needs.
I have a new demand from my direction to have a access to webmail in case of the network line is broken on our first site.
For this, I want to know if it is possible to have 2 kerio mailserver on 2 different sites and to have a permanant replication beetwen the 2 servers.
I will use different MX records to identify the 2 servers.

If the first server line is broken, users can access the backup server and can find all their mails in the webmail. The second can deal with recieved mails and when the 1 server is up, a new synchronisation of the mail is automatically done.

Is it possible ?
How can it be done in kerio ?

Sorry for my poor english and many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

[Updated on: Thu, 17 September 2009 10:47]

•  
j.a.duke

Send a private message to this user
fredlamour wrote on Thu, 17 September 2009 04:46
Hi all,

I am testing actually kerio mail server and it is compliant to my needs.
I have a new demand from my direction to have a access to webmail in case of the network line is broken on our first site.
For this, I want to know if it is possible to have 2 kerio mailserver on 2 different sites and to have a permanant replication beetwen the 2 servers.
I will use different MX records to identify the 2 servers.

If the first server line is broken, users can access the backup server and can find all their mails in the webmail. The second can deal with recieved mails and when the 1 server is up, a new synchronisation of the mail is automatically done.

Is it possible ?
How can it be done in kerio ?

Sorry for my poor english and many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

From the discussions here, it appears difficult to keep two Kerio servers in synch.

I'd suggest that you get two internet connections from different service providers and use a multiple WAN router to provide the redundant access.

For example, for one of my clients we have cable internet from both Comcast & RCN being fed into an Ecessa PowerLink 100. In another case, I'm using two DSL connections, one from Verizon, the other from an ISP called Lightning Bolt (Covad reseller) that are fed into a Peplink Balance 300.

In both cases, the router handles the DNS for the domain(s) and routes traffic from the 'net to the server without interruption over both links-if one link does go down, the server is still available. The router also load-balances the outgoing traffic as well so that both connections are used.

This would also ensure that the office never is disconnected from the internet for almost any reason, although most buildings have only one utility entrance "corridor" from the street, so digging in that area may take out both your connections.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: Multiple Domains, Outgoing Authentication
Next Topic: KMS Stops running on Windows 2003 Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:44:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00363 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.