Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Rename that Calendar in Outlook
  •  
Muffon

Send a private message to this user
This is really bad, shared Calendars are named all as Calendar from all users. One person see four Calendar and cannot recognize whos that until he clicks on Properities and Permissions where we see who is Owner.
Is there any posibility to rename it on owners or client side?
I dont want any hack as I read about before.
This situation is too uncomfortable. I dont get it.
Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 September 2009 11:23]

•  
joapalmer

Hi. I can only agree with you this is a bad situation - we have access to all colleagues calendars and for Outlook users it is 14 "Calendar" in a list, not possible to navigate. Hope there might be a solution soon! Regards
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The solution is to use Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) which displays the name of the user in the calendar name.
  •  
TorW

When you change from KOC to KOFF you see the names of the calendar owners instead of just "Calendar", and that's a good thing. But then another annoyance pops up; the calendar is called "Calendar in Mailbox - <username>".

This means you need quite a bit of screen real estate to actually see who owns the calendar if you subscribe to more than a handful. I suspect this is the fault of Outlook, and you can rename it if you have Administrator rights to the subscribed calendar.
  •  
Muffon

Thank you all for your reply. I will try it.
  •  
awj4

"Calendar in Mailbox - <username>" is not good when you view 5 or more calendars in outlook - hte you only see "Calendar in Mailbox - <u".

My workaround is to make a all day event where you only enter the "<username>" and the make it recurring.

•  
Muffon

Hi, I tried it(KOFF). It works well for me but that user I wrote about cant see any shared Calendar anymore after installing KOFF. I can see on WebMail that she is subscribed to 3 shared calendars but they didnt synchronize. I tried to clean cache in account properities but no success. Only visible Calendars are her own in outlook.

Any idea, please?
  •  
leSasch

Any solution for renaming the other users calendar in outlook?
I also have multiple entries called "Calendar" - no way to distinguish.
  •  
joapalmer

Hmm, after upgrading a bunch of users to Outlook 2010 the naming "Calendar in Mailbox - <username>" changed to just "Calendar" in the top title of each calendar box. This is so bad. There must be possible to find a solution to renaming the calendars in a multi user environment. A normal calendar view in our office is 10-15 calendars wide and if all is named just "Calendar" this is impossible to read. Kerio!!! Help!

Regards Joa
  •  
TorW

@joapalmer: is this happening with KOFF 7.x on MS Outlook 2010?
  •  
joapalmer

Yes, we use KOFF with Kerio Connect 7.2.2 on Windows machines with Outlook 2010 Swedish version with all updates.
  •  
TorW

Ok. We have an Office 2010 upgrade in the pipeline for a customer, and this issue will likely come up. I'll se what I can find out during testing, but I think it's odd if Kerio suddenly changed KOFF's behaviour after getting so much feedback on how KOC worked in this regard. We'll see ...
  •  
joapalmer

Thank you for any suggestions if you find anything. Would be great to gett Kerio's opinion too...
  •  
rblakely

I'm using Outlook 2007 SP3, with KOC.
There is still no fix or workaround for all the shared calendars being displayed in Outlook with the name "Calendar", with the effect that the Outlook user cannot tell which user's calendar he is looking at.
Thanks
Previous Topic: Outlook 2011 Public Calendar sync
Next Topic: Sophos not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 05:19:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00545 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.