Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Novice (Linksys NAS200) will this work with it? (Looking to obtain software that can handle my 2400 subscribed members)
  •  
nighttraindb

Send a private message to this user
Hello, first I think it may be important to state I am a novice to this whole thing. However my small venture now demands that I change the current way I am doing business...

I am looking for software that will allow me to download all my emails (to my Nas drive preferablly) and everyone in my office can then view them from their outlook? Make changes... delete... print...

Basically, we run a email to snail mail service for inmates. We provide them with an email address and anyone that writes them we print out their messages.

Currently I use outlook, with filters taking their messages wo their designated box... however, due to the amount of current subscribers this option is being outgrown quickly.

So, I was thinking "Mail Server". Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
Mousee

Unless you have a way of running KMS at your office and use it to access the emails via the NAS, I'd say no, you can't do what you're looking into. I'm not sure any other mail server has a feature to "download emails" in the way you want either, though there may be some form of client software that would cater to such a thing.

What you're requesting isn't really a common thing either. So you may consider resorting to hiring a programmer to design some form of simple application to do that kind of work for you. Assuming of course you have that option. Good luck in your search either way. Smile
  •  
nighttraindb

Mousee, first thank you for getting back to me. Ok, now this is probably redundant. I am perfectly willing to run this in my office (my computers are on 24 / 7). Would the software allow me to configure it so that the emails go to my nas...?

Thanks also for the suggestion on a programmer...

•  
Mousee

It most certainly would allow you to store your mail files on the NAS. In the Administration Console, under "Advanced Options", there's a tab labeled "Store Directory". From this tab you can set the location of the mail "store" directory. This includes log files as well. So you should have no problems there Smile
Previous Topic: Duplicate Kerio calenders in iCal
Next Topic: Distrobution List
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:12:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.