Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » WinRoute Appliance Hardware (WinRoute Appliance Hardware)
  •  
will.smothers

Send a private message to this user
I am looking at deploying this at several customers sites and I would love to be able to just sell them a branded-device.

Does anyone use or have a whitebox vendor that does small-form factor / SOHO / desktop appliances in small quantities?

Here is what I am thinking:

A small network device type box (think 8 or 10 port switch size)
    Color options would be good (red for a firewall or maybe my company color(s))
    Dual NICs
    Possibly a pair of 2.5", 16GB SSD in a RAID1
    Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Atom processor
    2GB+ of RAM

Anyone have something like this, know where I can find it or has a vendor that could make it?

Thanks in advance!
  •  
will.smothers

Send a private message to this user
Okay, here is what I ended up going with:

Lian Li Mini-Q PC-Q07 case in red
    Jetway 7F4K1G5S-LF mainboard w/

VIA C7-D processor running at 1.5Ghz
      on-board VGA
      Dual Gigabit NIC (RealTek RTL8110SC)
      2 SATA ports
      8 USB ports

1GB of Corsair DDR2 at 533MHz (VS1GB533D2)
    Rosewill RC-402 10/100 NIC (Realtek RTL8100c)
    Rosewill AP-400X, 350-watt power supply
    Koutech IO-ASC100 SATA to Compact Flash Adapter
    RiDATA 4GB Supreme Series 300X(45MB/s reads & 31MB/s writes)

Now, let me just tell you that this system ROCKS! Using the CF card is like having an SSD, and this thing is completely quite! With this configuration I can have an internet, internal/trusted & a DMZ interface. This makes my configuration options very flexible.

The only thing I am working through at this point is that web-browsing is noticably slower through the appliance. I am thinking it has to do with the web-filter but I am working with Kerio on identifying that and correcting the speed issues.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress!
Previous Topic: packet priorization in vpn
Next Topic: DELETE THIS THREAD
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:03:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00335 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.