Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » offline connector and windows 7 compatibility (offline connector and windows 7 compatibility)
  •  
martin.palmer

Send a private message to this user
hello

is the kerio offline connector windows 7 compatible

if not do we know when it will be?

where can i find this information, i cant seem to find this information anywhere

please advise

regards

Martin
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Windows 7 is not supported system for Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 and older. The same for Kerio Outlook Connector.

The list of system requirements is available on Kerio website: http://www.kerio.com/mailserver/requirements
If the system (or client) is not there, it is not supported.
  •  
martin.palmer

thank you for the prompt response

do we know when (roughly) the offline connector will be supported for windows 7?

is it in the pipeline / being developed etc...

regards

martin
  •  
janisz

It's a bit shame for Kerio, because Windows 7 is out for more than month, and RC was even more.

As well, I can say that Offline Connector works on Windows 7, but sometimes have a bit slow response and mail delays, but can't say it's a big problem.

Anway I hope for next realease and native W7 support.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

janisz wrote on Tue, 22 September 2009 08:55
It's a bit shame for Kerio, because Windows 7 is out for more than month, and RC was even more.

Windows 7 has not been officially released to the public, so it is not out. It is available only for developers so they can make sure the application is compatible with Windows 7 system.
  •  
janisz

You are wrong.

Those companies/organizations who has Enterprise Subscription Agreements with Microsoft already has possibility to download and use Windows 7 final versions officially starting August 7, 2009.

My organization is not software developers nor related to any other kind of such activities. We can use W7 normally, just some months faster than home users/small business users.

I can imagine that you will wait October 22, then some weeks developing and hopefully supported W7 Kerio client version will be accessible on December.

But please understand me. W7 is long awaited OS better than Vista, and works great. My boss wants us to migrate to W7 - but what can I answer - no, we can't because Kerio thinks that W7 is not out in public and KOFF is not supported fully.

Don't misunderstand me - I like Kerio software and we are using it more than 4 years but sometimes it feels that you are a bit slow to changes.
  •  
RPC_Admin

While not officially supported I am running KOFF on a Win 7 64bit RC1 rig and have been since the day RC1 was released. I haven't had any issues I can remember with it. But of course Win 7 is not officially supported so caveat emptor.
  •  
wvsandwijk

Hi,

Had the same problem with Kerio Offline connector.
I Resolved the problem.

I had previously removed IE8 from Windows 7 because I use Firefox for internet browsing.

Kerio Offline Connector requires IE6 of higher to perform.
I reinstalled the windows component IE8 and my problem with slow response of the kerio offline connector was resolved.

Please check if IE6 or later is installed on you windows 7, if not install it.

For more info please check : Kerio Offline connector requirements
It clearly states : "Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher must be present."

Regards

Wessel

[Updated on: Mon, 08 February 2010 23:21]

Previous Topic: Ms Outlook 2010
Next Topic: Maximum number of Delivery Threads
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 22:25:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.