Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Scheduled Backup vs. Manual Backup (Error with schedule backup of mailstore)
  •  
kmccain

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
New user of Kerio Mail Server and am trying to work out a problem with the automated backup of the mailstore. I am running on CentOS 5.3 on a Dell PowerEdge server and have an internal RD1000 drive that I would like to use for storing backups. The cartridge is formatted for linux and mounts OK, but when the scheduled backup runs it fails and logs the errors--
in the warning.log:
[19/Sep/2009 01:00:08] BACKUP: Backup directory /media/RD1000/backup does not exist, it will be created.
[19/Sep/2009 01:00:08] BACKUP: Unable to use /media/RD1000/backup: Unable to create backup dir.
OR in the error.log:
[19/Sep/2009 01:00:08] backup.cpp: Cannot create directory /media/RD1000/backup
[19/Sep/2009 01:00:08] backup.cpp: Cannot open directory /media/RD1000/backup. Incomplete backup files cannot be deleted.

The backup directory does exist and if I hit the button to "Start Now" on the backup tab and run it manually it completes successfully, so what gives?? I guess I'm wondering what the difference is between these 2 processes - does one run as a different user? Has anyone had this problem before?
Thanks,
KM
  •  
kmccain

Figured it out. Working correctly now.
  •  
j.a.duke

kmccain wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 10:12
Figured it out. Working correctly now.

So, what was the problem? Adding that info will help out the next person to have that problem.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
kmccain

I was getting an error in the logs about the archive folder not existing so I had to configure archiving and create the archives folder then disable it.
Then I read in some other thread for a different backup problem that one should type in the correct path for the backup volume instead of browsing to it, so I did that.
After doing both of those things, suddenly the scheduled backup was working.
I still don't know, though, why it worked when I manually fired it off by hitting the button in the admin console before doing either of those fixes.
Previous Topic: Address Book - Groups?
Next Topic: Simple List Subscribe/Unsub Web Form
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:34:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.