Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Snow Leopard 10.6.1 EWS and Kerio 6.7.2 Failure
  •  
jjprusk

Send a private message to this user
I've just upgraded my system(s) to Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and Kerio to 6.7.2 and cannot get Exchange integration to work. The log file has been attached. Yes, I have submitted a ticket but thought I'd run this by the group to see if there's something stupid that I'm doing (and maybe something someone else could learn from...).

• Attachment: untitled.txt
    (Size: 15.10KB, Downloaded 388 times)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio MailServer provides support Snow Leopard client applications in the same manner as on Leopard.
Exchange integration in Snow Leopard clients is only for Exchange 2007 SP1. More information about EWS can be found here: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=15882&sta rt=0

[Updated on: Thu, 24 September 2009 17:45]

•  
bradyjfrey

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Thu, 24 September 2009 08:42
Kerio MailServer provides support Snow Leopard client applications in the same manner as on Leopard.
Exchange integration in Snow Leopard clients is only for Exchange 2007 SP1. More information about EWS can be found here: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=15882&sta rt=0

Does it not support Address Book Exchange Integration? We can live with IMAP and CalDav... but that one is a deal breaker.
  •  
p0ddie

Apple actually removed the "Exchange Integration" that previously worked, as it was based on WebDAV with Exchange 2003 and so on. So Apple is the dealbreaker here.

I would however love it if Kerio would integrate a CardDAV server into KMS... it's the only advantage 10.6 Server has over KMS right now looking at small businesses up to 20 people...
  •  
bradyjfrey

Apple had that dropped in the developer version of Snow Leopard, so I don't know if I'd say they were the problem, it's been advertised.
  •  
jjprusk

I'm kinda confused as I thought Exchange support was included in SL. You can enter an Exchange account in email and it tries to connect everything up - I was assuming that this would connect to Kerio directly. Its no biggie as I was happily using Kerio with CalDav and IMAP.

MAIL, iCal, and AddressBook all seem to have Exchange support - I thought this is what Kerio was talking about supporting.
  •  
p0ddie

Yeah... Exchange support for a real Exchange 2007 server. KMS is *not* Exchange server and mimics an Exchange 2003 server. SL can now connect natively to an Exchange server via EWS, which KMS does not (currently) support.

I guess since it's a better protocol than WebDAV, Kerio will adopt it sooner or later. Then again, I heard rumors EWS does not support public folders (might have misunderstood this) so the real question is: do we need "Exchange Support" or does IMAP, CalDAV and some sort of CardDAV (they're all open standards) + a better LDAP in Kerio will do the trick.
Previous Topic: Help Please
Next Topic: Problem w/ McAfee AV DB 5748
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 14:25:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.