Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone DirectPush??
  •  
jjprusk

Send a private message to this user
I recently upgraded to Kerio 6.7.2 and iPhone 3.1. Everything seemed to be fine, but messages don't get pushed. I checked all of the settings and they appear to be ok. It was working before I did the upgrade and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
  •  
p0ddie

please activate the debugging protocol for Activesync to see what is going on! In Kerio Admin, go to Protocols->Debug>right click into the protocol and select additional items.

Look for ActiveSync messages, then maybe post them here if they look weird.
  •  
jjprusk

A log file is attached with options enabled as previously described. I restarted my iPhone and then sent 2 messages from another account / server. Both messages arrived on my laptop via IMAP but the iPhone never received either of them. If I update mail manually on the iPhone, they will then show up. I watched the log file during all of this and there were no additions in the log file while the 2 emails arrived.

• Attachment: untitled.txt
    (Size: 6.95KB, Downloaded 471 times)
  •  
gwieland

I am also having the same issue with push to the iPhone 3.1 and 6.7.2.
I am seeing this in the ActiveSync log (attached):
GetChanges flag not set - processing only client to server commands
This is a new installation (new Kerio customer). We are in a internal test environment at the moment until all bugs are worked out.

I am also having an issue with email from a local client to another local client. All new emails are going straight to the "Deleted" items folder on the Entourage 2008 clients. There are no rules set and junk mail is set to go to Junk Mail folder. This just seems to be an Entourage issue at the moment. I am yet to confirm whether this happens with the Apple mail clients.

• Attachment: debug.txt
    (Size: 5.17KB, Downloaded 344 times)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

gwieland wrote on Fri, 25 September 2009 22:13
I am also having the same issue with push to the iPhone 3.1 and 6.7.2.
I am seeing this in the ActiveSync log (attached):
GetChanges flag not set - processing only client to server commands
This is a new installation (new Kerio customer). We are in a internal test environment at the moment until all bugs are worked out.

I am also having an issue with email from a local client to another local client. All new emails are going straight to the "Deleted" items folder on the Entourage 2008 clients. There are no rules set and junk mail is set to go to Junk Mail folder. This just seems to be an Entourage issue at the moment. I am yet to confirm whether this happens with the Apple mail clients.

The debug log is too short. It shows the iPhone did not even try to establish DirectPush connection with the server.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The debug log is too brief. Enable HTTP Server debugging and contact our technical support. I think no one in this forum can solve it.
  •  
gwieland

I opened a ticket with tech support and sent full ActiveSync/HTTP debug logs.

I performed the exact same sequence of events using an iPhone with 3.01 and it worked perfectly. As soon as the message was received in the inbox, the ActiveSyncPing::WatchManager detected a new event and pushed the email to the iphone.

In the debug log for the test with an iPhone 3.1 there was NO ActiveSyncPing::WatchManager event log entry. In fact there were no active Sync entries in the debug log at all until I did a manual fetch from the iPhone. Hence the brief debug log mentioned earlier by Kerio_pdobry.
  •  
jjprusk

Another item I just found is that apparently the iPhone continues to open ActiveSync connections. I have a whole pile of them (>30) left open for 2 devices. It seems though the server accepts the connection but doesn't recognize the device and then leaves the connection open. The iPhone on the other hand, leaves the connection open, does get a response from the server, and apparently tries another connection.
  •  
applehorsti

Same issue here, no more direct push with IPohne 3Gs and kerio mailserevr 6.7.2....

Kind regards,
Horst
  •  
jjprusk

So it sounds like multiple people have seen this problem. I haven't heard anything back from Kerio (I did submit a trouble ticket + placed the message on this forum). Just wanted to know if I've missed something.
  •  
jjprusk

More information - it looks like the iPhone reconnects via http about every 20 min. and leaves the connection open. I restarted the http service and can watch the number of http connections from the iPhone grow at the one per 20 minute rate and are never disconnected. Eventually the server will run out of active connections resource and I have to restart the http service.
  •  
edwood

Are there any updates on this?

I got the same problem, iPhone 3.1GS and KMS 6.7.2...

regards

•  
jjprusk

Hello Kerio - anyone home??? This is a real problem and I haven't heard anything back on this. Obviously, multiple people have the same problem and I know at least one trouble ticket has been filed.
  •  
marook

It's working fine here.

KMS 6.7.2 on OS X Server 10.6.1
iPhone 3Gs 3.1.2

Maybe try to remove the Mobile Device for your account, so it have to re-register the ActiveSync 'profile'.. ?

Users -> select TheUser -> Status -> Mobile Devices...

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
jjprusk

I have tried, several times, removing the iPhone mobile device from several accounts with no change in behavior. Given there are several people who have this problem, I'm a little discouraged that there has been no response from Kerio. I have just given up on DirecPush and use 15 min. pull. Too bad - this along with lack of CardDav makes me start wondering about Kerio...
Previous Topic: ldap help
Next Topic: A Google Wave for Kerio Tips
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:37:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00513 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.