Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Strange behavior with GAL on 6.7.2?
  •  
bigmountain

Messages: 116

Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Hey everyone, I have one client who has come across a strange issue since I upgraded his KMS server from 6.7.1 to 6.7.2. Here is his setup:

There single account that is shared between he and his wife. His wife's email address is setup as an alias address to this single account. We'll call the main account husband<_a.t_>email.com and the alias address wife<_a.t_>email.com.

They have one Outlook 2007 setup using KOC, but have setup two profiles. One for him which authenticates to husband<_a.t_>email.com and displays husband<_a.t_>email.com in the reply to. In her profile, she also authenticates to husband<_a.t_>email.com, but her reply to is set to display wife<_a.t_>email.com.

They both have iPhones running the latest OS and have their iPhones setup the same way. Both authenticate to the same account, but she has her reply to address setup as wife<_a.t_>email.com.

Everything worked perfectly until this weekend when I upgraded to the latest version of KMS. Now, here is where it gets weird....

I was told by the customer that ever since the upgrade, his Outlook and iPhone revert to wife<_a.t_>email.com, despite his efforts to correct it in the reply to. This is true for both his Outlook and iPhone. His wife's iPhone does the exact opposite and display's husband<_a.t_>email.com, but her Outlook still displays wife<_a.t_>email.com. The strangest part is that webmail settings seem to take on the same reply to settings as his wife and displays wife<_a.t_>email.com even though they did not populate this in there and every time they change it, it eventually reverts back to wife<_a.t_>email.com.

I have never experienced this before and it seems odd to me that KMS would revert over to an alias as the reply to and not the actual account name if anything. I have tried disabling GAL for his account and unpublished the address. I have also cleared the registration for both of the iPhones and instructed the client to remove the accounts from the phones and set them back up again. I also asked that they verify the reply to addresses setup in KOC. So far, nothing seems to work and these are the only clients that I have seen this happen to. There are no error messages being logged pertaining to this and they have no problems at all syncing or receiving/sending mail. Has anyone else out there experienced this and if so, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 30 September 2009 01:13]


Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
Previous Topic: Simple List Subscribe/Unsub Web Form
Next Topic: iphone active sync mail issue
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 15:05:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00945 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.