Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving archive folder (archiving)
  •  
mdfgtaylor

Send a private message to this user
i have noticed although the user accounts quotas will never exceed our current mac os 10.4 server hard drive size, with archiving enabled of course the hard drive is slowing running out of room. currently at 80% of hard drive capacity.

my question is - can i move the archive folder to a local raid drive connected via firewire? if this is possible, will that just archive the new emails or will it automatically store all the old ones as well?

i assume that it will be just the newer ones and i will have to go into terminal to relocate the older ones? if so how do i go about it? also once this archive folder has been moved will it actually free up some space on the server hard drive to enable more space for more users to be added?

if anyone can shed any light on this i would be very grateful. thanks
  •  
BudDurland

Yes, if you change the archive location, you will have to manually move the messages from the old archive location to the new one. Ideally, you would do this while the mail server is shutdown.

Have you considered storing the archives in compressed format?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
mdfgtaylor

many thanks for your reply.

i would consider it, but i just wonder how easy it would be to get to these messages again, as i understand in a compressed form, archived messages won't be able to be read in the admin's account?

i would like to keep things as simple as possible for my boss who would ultimately need to look through colleagues' emails from time to time.

may be the easiest thing to do is either transfer to a new server with a larger hard drive or transfer the start up volume to the firewire raid which has double the capacity of the current hard drive?
Previous Topic: Fail POP3 Autentication using Outlook 2007 Client
Next Topic: E-Mail Archiving - 3rd Party
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 12:12:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.