Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » default mail client issue with change KOFF to KOC (default mail client issue with change KOFF to KOC)
  •  
mrossi

Send a private message to this user
I have been having major issues with KOFF being very slow so we have begun ot move our users back to the KOC which fairs better.

I have been unloading the KOFF connector and reloading the KOC. Then I go into email accounts and make a new accout under the current profile and setup them up. Then I delete the old account using the KOFF and then configure the new account. It has worked fine. In a few cases it hasn't and I was able to create a new profile and setup an account under the new one and it was fine.

I have one pc which after removing KOFF and loading the KOC on, I go to add a new account and it will not allow me to get the Kerio window to put the server name and user name in. It gives me this error:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I try to run Outlook and I get this:
"Cannot open your default email folders. The information store could not be opened."

Please help....is there a registry setting or something to fix this. It seems confused between the old connector and the new.
Thanks!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Remove the Outlook profile and create a new one in Control Panels/Mail. Then start Outlook and choose to continue with no email in the profile. Then add KOFF account to the profile.
  •  
mrossi

I tried as you suggested. But when I go to create a new profile it asks for it to be configured. So I erased it. And tried to open Outlook without one. Outlook asked for a profile to be made. So I made one and somehow go thru the questions without setting up a default mail store/account. Then I was able to get into Accounts within Outlook and configure one with Kerio. However, I still cannot make it the default store. The check box is checked but it goes to a personal folders store. It will not change no matter where I try to change it.

Almost have it!
Previous Topic: Issues since 6.7.2 update & WinMo users
Next Topic: DNS socket: socket limit reached
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:44:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.