Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Users cant create extra resources (Resource not complete when created in Outlook 2003 or Webmail)
  •  
OneClick

Send a private message to this user
When administrators of public folders try to create a new resource trough webmail or Outlook 2003, it just creates the addresscard for the resource but not the account that makes it possible to schedule the resource.

Kan resources be created by the clients (in Webmail and Outlook) instead of in the admin console??
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Please consult the manual (http://manuals.kerio.com/kmsag/en/sect-resourcesset.html) to become familiar with creating new resources. Resources can be created only in the Administration Console by the administrator.
  •  
OneClick

Then why do the privileges of the resource folder allow me to add extra records to the folder through webmail or Outlook.
What's the point of that?
I'ts confusing to the end users. They think that after they add something to the folder it will be available as a resource.
Confused
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

OneClick wrote on Sat, 03 October 2009 22:55
Then why do the privileges of the resource folder allow me to add extra records to the folder through webmail or Outlook.
What's the point of that?
I'ts confusing to the end users. They think that after they add something to the folder it will be available as a resource.
Confused

Well, probably because your Public folders have incorrect proper access rights. By default, all users (except the resource administrator) have only 'reader' access rights and can't create new contacts in the Resource folder.
  •  
OneClick

Ok thanks,

Just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly
Previous Topic: How to set rule based on date
Next Topic: Cannot receive mail from outside (gmail, yahoo, etc)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:44:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.