Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Managing Deleted Items vs Recover Deleted Items
  •  
GlennK

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to wrap my head around deleted items and recovering deleted items. I think I understand but can you please check me on this?

Deleted Items: Folder/directory where items are put by server that the user deletes. Can be set to permanently delete after time period defined in domain or user. User has access to this folder. Pref can be turned on/off in webmail.

Recover Deleted Items: This will recover items "permanently deleted" and put them back into the Deleted items folder. Date range is set in domain.

The critical part is that the date range for deleted items recovery must be longer than the "permanently delete" or there is no point in using this setting because the user will already have the "deleted items" folder available to them.

For example, if Delete items permanently is set for 30 days, setting the Recovered items period for 30 days is pretty senseless since the user could already go to their Deleted Items folder for their 30 days worth. 15/30 or 30/60 would make more sense.

Am I making sense?

Thanks.

Glenn K
  •  
chrwei

Send a private message to this user
I have users that empty their deleted items every day (outlook has an option to do this for you when you close it) and so in these cases the recover deleted items is handy. I also have users that never mass-empty deleted items and only periodically delete actual crap from there, I'd like to train these people to put this "deleted" mail they want to keep elsewhere, but mail clients don't make this easy.
Previous Topic: Spam - marked as read?
Next Topic: Outlook wrongly interprets recurrence rule
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 13:47:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.