Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.7.2 does not regcognize ClamAV 0.95 on OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
stk_jj

Send a private message to this user
Howdy,

I'm having some trouble with a.m. configuration. /usr/sbin/clamd 0.95 is included with OS X Server 10.5.8, started with launchd and runs well on 127.0.0.1:3310.

Neither the »ClamAV« nor »ClamAV 0.95« option in Configuration > Antivir > Use external antivirus succeeds. Both end up in a beachball and AdminConsole has to be forced to quit.

Any ideas re that?

best regards Stefan
  •  
sonofcolin

•  
stk_jj

of course I did, though this »How To« is not applicable to OS X Server. clamAV is already installed <_a.t_> /usr/sbin/, clamd.conf is found <_a.t_> /etc/ KMS should respect this. Does it?
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:
of course I did, though this »How To« is not applicable to OS X Server

It is applicable to any OS X 10.5 install.
Quote:
clamAV is already installed <_a.t_> /usr/sbin/, clamd.conf is found <_a.t_> /etc/ KMS should respect this. Does it?

Where clamav is installed isn't relevant and KMS will respect what it is instructed to do Smile

The settings in clamd.conf still need to be set as they are described in the How To. You then need to change the launchd script to match the OS X server setup environment and alter the /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/KerioMailServer startup script to also match your environment.

Or just follow the instructions in the How To and rest assured it will work Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 10 October 2009 15:46]

•  
stk_jj

sonofcolin wrote on Sat, 10 October 2009 15:41

It is applicable to any OS X 10.5 install.

Then I should add this item to my previous complaint how careless KMS is about OS X Server Sad. In normal operation there is no GUI to perform steps 1. - 5.! Furthermore these steps are obsolete as OS X Server comes with preinstalled clamd.

Nevertheless I downloaded clamAV as descriped and just extracted clamd.conf from the installerpackage inside, patch this file as described in a.m. how to and uploaded it to my server.

sonofcolin wrote on Sat, 10 October 2009 15:41

The settings in clamd.conf still need to be set as they are described in the How To. You then need to change the launchd script to match the OS X server setup environment and alter the /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/KerioMailServer startup script to also match your environment.

That's what I did. My launchd scripts named »org.clamav.plist« reads like that:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>org.clamav</string>
    <key>OnDemand</key>
    <false/>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
        <string>/usr/sbin/clamd</string>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

the startup script for KMS is patced respectivly:
#!/bin/bash
#
# Start Kerio MailServer 
#
APPPATH=/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/mailserver
BASEPATH=/usr/local/kerio/mailserver

. /etc/rc.common

StartClamAV ()
{
  if [ -e "/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.clamav.plist" -a ! -e "/var/run/clamd.pid" ]; then
launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.clamav.plist;
fi
}

if [ "$1" = "start" ]
then
    StartClamAV
    StartService
elif [ "$1" = "stop" ] 

The clamd-process itself runs fine, but KMS does not connect to it, only gives beachball:

% launchctl list | grep clam
8430	-	org.clamav
-	1	lan.redaktiv.freshclam

% ps aux | grep clam
root      8523   0.0  0.0    75436    396 s000  S+    4:24PM   0:00.01 grep clam
root      8430   0.0  3.6   151896  75004   ??  Ss    4:11PM   0:16.12 /usr/sbin/clamd

% lsof -i :3310
COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE    DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
clamd   8430 root    3u  IPv4 0x4b50a68      0t0  TCP localhost:dyna-access (LISTEN)

best regards Stefan

[Updated on: Sun, 11 October 2009 11:04]

•  
stk_jj

Solved! Just a restart of KMS and all was done. Thx for assistance.

best regards Stefan
  •  
beachmat

I'm also trying to use the version of ClamAV (0.96.1) pre-installed with Mac server X.5.8 with Connect 7.1.2. The clamd.conf file is a little different from that shown in the kb guide. The lines

DetectPUA yes
HeuristicScanPrecedence yes

are not present - should I add them? I guess they're scan configurations, so I'll just try anyway.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2010 16:12]

Previous Topic: Failed SMTP login
Next Topic: BESX and Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:17:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.