Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Nokia N900 with Maemo 5 and Kerio mailserver (Exchange doesnt work)
  •  
daanno

Send a private message to this user
Well, i tried the new Nokia N900 with the Kerio mailserver and it didnt work. SSL didnt work for sure and with out it the device sends the requests but gets an empty file back from the server even when all the sync items are boxed on the device. With the N97 no problems!

http://tweakers.net/ext/f/xez2gbhsRWhhL6CG2SDFP8AP/full.png
http://tweakers.net/ext/f/RR5slYEeFC6zTSvGwaDaFdNh/full.png

Some one any idea?
  •  
mountaindogs

Just got my N900 today. I have the same issue. Did you notice the difference in the ActiveSync version? Your N97 had ActiveSync 12, N900 has Activesync 2.x. Wonder if this is the problem. My iphone is also Activesync 12.x.
  •  
mountaindogs

Found here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35136&highlight=e xchange
that Mail for Exchange on the N900 currently only supports Exchange 2007. The thread does mention Exchange 2003 coming around Christmas.

What version of Exchange does Kerio emulate? Or what version of Activesync?
  •  
TorW

Nokia's implementation of the "Exchange ActiveSync" protocol (yes, it's a set-in-stone protocol like SMTP and HTTP, only it's proprietary) is questionable, and there's no good reason (other than politics, perhaps) to support Exchange 2007 and not 2003. See this thread on Nokia's support forum. We have recommended our customers to use Dataviz Roadsync over anything Nokia bundles with the device for syncing. We just can't afford burning support hours on Nokia's less than stellar sync software.

Kerio have licensed the ActiveSync protocol from Microsoft and isn't emulating anything as far as I know. If it works with Exchange 2007 and not with KMS, then Nokia is to blame.
  •  
mountaindogs

Unfortunately Dataviz Roadsync does not support Maemo 5 yet as far as I can tell. I'll start complaining to Nokia... Smile
  •  
mountaindogs

FYI, from the Kerio error logs, haven't figured how to get log off N900:

[06/Dec/2009 19:19:45] ASyncRequest.cpp: ActiveSyncRequest::Initialize: Unable to read request data (ContentLength: 3392, Available: 0)
[06/Dec/2009 19:20:46] ASyncRequest.cpp: ActiveSyncRequest::Initialize: Unable to read request data (ContentLength: 3392, Available: 0)
[06/Dec/2009 19:22:16] ASyncRequest.cpp: ActiveSyncRequest::Initialize: Unable to read request data (ContentLength: 3392, Available: 0)
  •  
mountaindogs

Anyone know what version of EAS is being used by Kerio? The maemo folks are asking. Is it using EAS 12.0 or EAS 12.1?
  •  
jusu8888

TorW wrote on Thu, 03 December 2009 23:43
Kerio have licensed the ActiveSync protocol from Microsoft and isn't emulating anything as far as I know. If it works with Exchange 2007 and not with KMS, then Nokia is to blame.

Makes no sense.
If N900 works with Exchange 2007 and Kerio is able to emulate it, N900 should work with Kerio, right?

I guess we need toss out this cheapo-piece-of-shit and upgrde to Exchange...
  •  
TorW

jusu8888 wrote on Sat, 12 December 2009 11:14

If N900 works with Exchange 2007 and Kerio is able to emulate it, N900 should work with Kerio, right?

Not unless Nokia have implemented the protocol poorly. Read the thread over at the Nokia support forums. It's short. If KMS is such a piece of junk, why isn't Roadsync having any problems with it? Next thing we know, certain browsers only works with Microsoft's IIS and not Apache.

If you have the money to replace KMS with Exchange, go ahead. It'll probably fix your problems until Nokia pulls the next customer lock-in trick out of their sleeve. Personally, after 20 years in operations, I'm pretty tired of making workarounds for anything that is remotely connected to MS products on the internet. Throwing out KMS for Exchange is a major workaround in my opinion.
  •  
dimitrik

Just updated my N900 with the big Maemo update which brings Exchange 2003 compatibility but unfortunately still no luck. I did notice however that the version of ActiveSync on the N900 is now 12.0.

Guess we're going to need a Kerio update for this to work.

D
  •  
mountaindogs

•  
rwijnhov

Same problem here, would be nice if it was fixed by kerio. Exhange 2003 and 2007 sync perfectly. So the problem lies with kerio I think?
  •  
mountaindogs

I was able to get activesync logs off of my N900. I am attaching here.

I changed my username and server name. I hope one of the Kerio engineers see this or should I submit it as a bug?

[Updated on: Sat, 30 January 2010 03:47]

•  
sifur

Hi All,

n900 is now working with exchange 2003 and 2007. Kerio clearly isn't emulating exchange regardless of whether "Nokia have implemented the protocol poorly" because if it was it would now work! So TorW are you a KMS support person? previous posts suggest this...

So can you stop guessing - "Kerio have licensed the ActiveSync protocol from Microsoft and isn't emulating anything as far as I know. If it works with Exchange 2007 and not with KMS, then Nokia is to blame."

and go and ask someone who knows as statements like "We just can't afford burning support hours on Nokia's less than stellar sync software." which I am sure the management of your firm probably won't share the sentiment of.

The fact is that Kerio state with KMS "Synchronise with any smartphone over the air" and "Manage email, share contacts and schedule meetings in Outlook, Entourage, iCal, web mail and smartphones."

the n900 is 'the smart phone'. As a user I understand you may need some time to sort out this issue and you have a list of things in front of this but please confirm this is now listed as abug and if possible give an estimated or hoped for fix date.

BR

Simon

PS those having SSL issues may continue to have issues once resolved as nokia's activesync does not support self signed certificates as it currently does not allow exceptions

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 22:58]

wisheh

With the new firmware its working. I configured my N900 to my Kerio IMAP server. All my folders and email are working great. Goodby webmail, hello mail on the phone Laughing
Previous Topic: N900 and birthday
Next Topic: Webmail core dumps in linux
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 03:57:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00525 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.