Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange Web Services
  •  
MrTubz

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I was wondering if any of the Kerio folks could give me some insight on this question.

I currently run KMS 6.7.0 Patch 1 under 10.4.11 and on the whole it seems to integrate very well with Leopard Clients and iPhones with all the calendaring, mail and Address Book functionality all integrated.

I have been doing some testing with Snow Leopard and KMS 6.7.2, after speaking to a few Apple Tech's they explained that All the Exchange 2007 Support in Snow Leopard is designed around Exchange Web Services.

I know EWS isnt currently part of Kerio however I was wondering if Kerio was able or was in the process of adding the functionality of adding EWS into their mail server in the future?

At present I really like the tight integration between the 3 apps and the Mail Server, without having to install the Sync Connector, plus it does allow much of the mail setup to be automated via MCX records.

At present im currently holding off on deploying Snow Leopard as I don't really want to have to use the Sync Connector if at all possible.

If anyone has any details on this id be happy to hear them.

Thanks

Daniel.
  •  
mombooks

Send a private message to this user
kerio staff are like apple staff, they won't comment on upcoming products/features... but they have hinted that EWS support is coming at some point in the future and based on the rapid adoption it's seeing I don't think they'd survive too long if they didn't support it.

On the other hand though, I'm a mostly mac sys admin myself, and there's no way I'd consider implementing Snow Leopard in an office yet. Leopard may have been one of the buggiest Mac OS X releases but Snow Leopard is too new and different in the technologies it uses to work smoothly with most existing software set ups. I'd say kerio support for EWS will arrive around the end of this year because most business' like to keep running software that's been tried and tested (by someone else) and the demand will take a while to kick in.
Previous Topic: runtime error on kerio offline connector
Next Topic: Funny.. not working with SNOW
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 19:40:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00357 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.