Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email Rules - Iphone
  •  
hardwerk

Send a private message to this user
When rules are applied to emails and they get sorted into sub folders our iphones cannot see them. The iphone appears to only see emails that stay in the main 'Inbox'.

Is there a setting to change?
  •  
marook

When you say "don't see it" do you then mean "not before I click the folder" or "not at all, even when I open the folder on the phone"??

For ActiveSync, in the first case, the Push/Pull only checks the Inbox (+Calendar if you have that enabled),

For IMAP accounts, you are able to set what folders it should poll.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

marook wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 11:53

For ActiveSync, in the first case, the Push/Pull only checks the Inbox (+Calendar if you have that enabled).

iPhone 3.0 and later can do email Push on any email folder. It depends on the account settings in the iPhone.
  •  
hardwerk

I don't see the sub-folders at all. I didn't think iphone had those capabilities. I don't see anything in the iphone to specify which folders to grab. Is it in KMS?

iphone is using imap i'm pretty sure.
  •  
ahoutzer

Maybe this is what is happening:

The Rules you are talking about are rules in your computers' Mail or Entourage program and the rules move the messages into folders that are kept on your local computer. If that is the case, such folders are NOT replicated to your iPhones because Kerio MailServer knows nothing about them.

You need to
1) Set up folders that the MailServer can see. If it is confusing to you, the most obvious way is to set up the folders using Kerio's WebMail.

2) Make sure that your computers are using either IMAP mail or Exchange -- NOT POP. This will ensure that your computers see the same folders that you set up in Kerio WebMail.

3) Set your rules to move the messages into these folders.

4) Set the iPhones to use either IMAP or Exchange mail. This will ensure that the iPhones see the same folders that you set up in Kerio WebMail.
  •  
marook

ahoutzer wrote on Thu, 15 October 2009 13:14

3) Set your rules to move the messages into these folders.

And make sure that these rules are defined on the server, aka. via WebMail! Then the rules wil work always, for all the clients you use to access the account (iPhone, webmail, Mail, Entourage, Outlook...)

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Just renewed license, now to get current
Next Topic: Does Deleted Items Folder count in Quota?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 12:22:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00961 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.