Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » "user can receive from own domain only" walk around (For one address/domain)
  •  
groovee

Send a private message to this user
Hello!

I'm looking for the solution to walk around "own domain" limitation only for one selected sender address or domain.

For example: I have 10 users in domain mydomain.pl. 5 of them have limitation "allow user to send/receive own domain only". I need it.
Additionally I have group who receives important technical information from info<_a.t_>mydomain.com (DIFFRENT domain than mine).

How can I deliver this e-mail also to "limited users"? I've tried few tricks with aliases, additional forwarding account etc but during forward based on rules on setting in administration console, original sender is always from outside and message can not reach desired destination.

Only one what "works" is rule "notify about message" but it forwards only few (about 100) characters from original message. It is not enought.

I was thinking about some external application with pop3 client, monitoring "external" account and if message appears, it will forward this to "limited users". Unfortunatelly I don't know application I can use to do this.

Do You have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Regards,
Kacper

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2009 14:58]

•  
marcobat

hi,
one possible solutions that comes to mind (if your user use imap, webmail or the outlook connector) is to setup a specific user that will receive the messages from the outside, have a rule that will move these messages into specific folders in this user mailbox and then share these folders with the users that need access to it. This obviously forces you to have a extra user...
Another possibility (but i'm not sure if this is allowed for users that can only send/receive from their domain) is to use the pop3 download functionality, again taking the messages from another account...
take care,
Marco
  •  
groovee

Hi,

Thank You for answer. Idea with shared folder is OK, but if one user mark message as read, it will appear on all others accounts too. My users would not read such messagess at all Smile

Your second idea will not work. I've tested something similar - external account and POP3 download. During POP3 procedure, message sender address is original and message will be rejected if domain differs.

Extra user account for this purpose is not a problem.

Regards,
Kacper

[Updated on: Fri, 16 October 2009 07:39]

Previous Topic: recommended pda / phone / mobile device to use with kerio
Next Topic: Preferred Header - Need More!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:54:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00356 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.