Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Open Ldap for directory services.
  •  
jchin

Send a private message to this user
Hi to all, is it possible to use openldap instead of windows active directory? so far i have been able to see test-users i have enetered into my openldap database within the kadmin interface, i am able to make modifications to their account like change quota by modifying the value in the openldap database. The problem is i cant seem to authenticate, im currently researching installation and configuration of kerberos onto my openldap server but is it worth it?? or am i pursuing fools gold. Can OpenLDAP act as a subsitute or active directory?
And to answer the obvious question, why not just install a win2k server box with active directory? well we just refuse to use windows for any mission critical application. Currently i am using the KMS with the internal database (Redhat Box) and i am very happy with the product, it is an excellent product but i have already begun a parallel test project with CommuniGate Pro in the event i am unable to make KMS and OpenLDAP work together as our MailSever Solution.

Thanks,
Jason
  •  
jshaw541

Have you tried using it with "Apple OpenDirectory" selected for your domain? since Apple's OpenDirectory is relatively vanilla and is based on OpenLDAP, it just may work. Let me know, if you try.

Good luck

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
jchin

I have never used Apple OpenDirectory. (Probably used a mac like once in my life.) Can it be loaded on A linux OS??

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2004 05:45]

•  
jshaw541

jchin wrote on Tue, 27 April 2004 05:45

I have never used Apple OpenDirectory. (Probably used a mac like once in my life.) Can it be loaded on A linux OS??

No, what I meant was to try and use the OpenDirectory functionality in KMS. But, instead of pointing it to an OD server, point it to your existing LDAP server and see what happens.

OpenDirectory is an Apple product heavily based off of OpenLDAP, and they haven't modified the LDAP schema much at all.

As an aside, I think that Apple HAS released the source code to OpenDirectory, but I don't know of anyone actually using it.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
Previous Topic: How to create an SSL sertificate for more than one host?
Next Topic: unspecified-domain webmail issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:33:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.