Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio, iCal, MfE and Nokia E71 (A report about my experience trying to use the above apps and device together)
  •  
mkgordon

Send a private message to this user
Hi. I just wanted to share my less-than-stellar experience with synching my phone to Kerio Mail Server.

I just decided to stop relying on Kerio 6.7.1's ability to synch with Mail for Exchange on my Nokia E71 smartphone for anything beyond Email.

My workplace runs its email off a Kerio server. I am one of the only people in my part of our office to use Kerio's other features - calendars, tasks and contacts.

I synched up my Kerio calendars to iCal on my work Mac (and also my home Mac) via CalDav. That works fairly well, though I'm seeing some problems in issuing invitations and tracking responses from iCal for an event on a Kerio calendar. I'm still investigating that.

However, over a test of a few weeks, using Kerio's MfE/Nokia E71 synch for Tasks, Calendar and Contacts created unacceptable problems that forced me to stop.

Calendar events ended up being duplicated at different times, up to three different duplicates, or details being lost. I also found that events created on one of my non-work Kerio calendars (I have two others on the root level for non-work events), would end up on my work calendar after a synch.

Tasks were being arbitrarily deleted or duplicated to as many as 7 or 8 copies

Contacts were being duplicated and/or deleted arbitrarily. I experienced a very serious data loss in my phone's contacts the other day, forcing me to spend an hour reassembling the groups and resynching.

I now use iSync, with Nokia's plugin to synch Calendar, Tasks and Contacts my E71 and so far, so good. It's sad that I can't update on the move, but synch reliability is much more important than that convenience.

I should point out that I was during this test also synching up my Tasks, Calendar and Contacts, as well as Memos, to my home Mac via Mark/Space's Missing Sync for Nokia/Symbian. However, if Kerio-MfE requires me not to synch any other way, it's not useful to me, as I also want to synch to my home computer.

If anyone can suggest an alternative to try, let me know, as I'm always interested in getting things to work. Should I consider investing in RoadSync or some other software that does better than MfE for a Nokia E71? Can anyone explain why this happened?

mkgordon
  •  
sonofcolin

Send a private message to this user
We have a number of users who use E71, N79, E75, E51, E66. Mfe works just fine with these phones, except for E75 which will not work at all with KMS. The only problem I see is sometimes Mfe stops syncing on these phones. This tends to be network related (phone) and a phone reboot quickly fixes this. Mail, calendar, address, tasks all sync.

If you want greater functionality (and reliability), use Dataviz Roadsync. This works really well (it's what I use on the E75). You get additional features such as multiple folder sync for you $49.
Previous Topic: Problems with Yahoo mail. My messages goes to SPAM/BULK
Next Topic: How to use Kerio with SugarCRM?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 21:18:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00361 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.