Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF 6.6.0 bandwidth limiter (not working on different computer in same switch)
  •  
cybersans

Send a private message to this user
when i run vmware, or from firewall machine, bandwidth limit working fine. if i set 30k download, the max download bandwidth will be 30k. but seems like other computer inside lan (real computer) and join the same switch did not respect this settings, and download with full speed.

in simple explanation, bandwidth limit only working for the firewall computer, and virtual computer running inside virtual machine inside firewall computer.

anyone experience the same problem like this?
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

I don't recommend running on the vmware host computer (guest is fine). If you must, use host-only networking instead of bridged networking.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

Oops, I haven't read your post carefully enough...

Bandwidth limiter wouldn't work if the firewall thinks that the traffic is not between the LAN and the internet. That depends on the traffic policy and the routing table.

Jan Jezek
Kerio Technologies
  •  
cybersans

hehe. appologies accepted, jezek Razz

based on my traffic rules, i think i make it look like traffic from lan to internet through firewall. because if not, how come the traffic from lan can access the internet, right? actually, i can download/upload from lan, the problem is, bandwidth limit is not working on pc on lan.

since you mention that vmware to use host-only networking, could you assist me how to make host-only vmware can access the internet? i did try this setting before, but seems like the vmware pc didn't find a network, and seems like it a alone and not join a lan.

tq
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

Is the problematic physical computer shown under 'Active Hosts' in WinRoute? If so, is it showing its actual bandwidth usage? If both answers are yes and the bandwidth limiter configuration is correct, then it should definitely work.

Jan Jezek
Kerio Technologies
  •  
cybersans

yes, the physical pc appear in active hosts, but doesn't respect the bandwidth limiter. current Rx always show max speed. firewall pc always download based on limit (if i put bandwidth limiter's constraints apply to all traffic). but not other pc inside LAN
Previous Topic: Very simple but very important question
Next Topic: User IP Hijack
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 18:30:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.