Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email footer 3rd party tool recommendations?
  •  
gbrown100

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I know as yet there are no plans to implement rich text / html footers for Kerio however does anyone here use a product that will inject them into an outbound message with Kerio? (Obviously this will have to be an SMTP relay type affair). I am just looking for recommendations and the cheaper the better Smile

I have a company that will use the webmail client as the main interface and so will not have the ability to set this in Outlook.

Thanks

Graham
  •  
heze54

Hi,

I´ve been waiting for this feature 2 years....ms exchange, mdaemon and more software have this feature, kerio no

Why?

Best regards
  •  
gbrown100

Sorry for the curt reply but please don't hijack my topic with whinges and complaints, I don't want this to be yet another flame war / feature request. I just want to know if anyone is doing this and if so what product they use?
  •  
marook

What are you trying to add to the users mail, that Needs to be styled via HTML?

Adding styled HTML as a footer might add a lot to the spam scoring, so have that in mind.. !
Also, it might break signed emails, if the server does not handle the injection right.. so it's normally a Bad Idea.. but I guess you know that..?

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
gbrown100

Hi Marook,

thanks for the reply, they just want to use their html formatted logo etc that they used when sending from outlook. Now that they are moving across to webmail only I have to find some way to accomodate this.

As a small company they are not using signed emails so hopefully this will not be a problem (the signed emails) but I will remind them that the HTML format can increase spam scores.

I found a util called QS Disclaimer that seems to do the job, at £50 it is the cheapest I have found. Install is on Friday so here's hoping someone knows a cheaper alternative before then Smile

Thanks

Graham
  •  
mrben

We relay our outgoing mail through sendmail. mimedefang appends all the legal verbiage and also ensures that, if our people insist on sending out HTML emails, at least the messages are well-formed....

I've just noticed that QS Disclaimer is a Windows-only product, so a sendmail-based solution might not be any good for you. Sorry.
  •  
gbrown100

Hi Mrben

Thats fine, if nothing else it gives anyone else that reads this an idea as to how they can accomplish it if they are running a linux or derivative. Thanks for the input.

Graham
  •  
DitMan

This maybe too late but,

I suppose adding a web hosted logo into their signature is not an option?

Although I don't implement it, here it would suit my needs as there are a number of smaller subsidiaries that send via the same domain and it's only possible to attach 1 footer per domain. (last bit maybe incorrect as I'm a new Kerio user)

Dan
  •  
gbrown100

Hi Ditman,

Yes,it is only possible for one footer per domain but you could ask them to have their won signature if you wanted.

You cannot embed html at all in the footer so no chance of this, you could raise a feature request if you require it.

As regards the QS Disclaimer I did not implement this in the end as the customer wanted to wait until people were used to the system. As such it is still untested but at least people who read this thread now have a linux and windows option to try Smile

Graham
  •  
gbrown100

I am sure it is bad form to reply to my own thread like this! I tested QS Disclaimer on Server 2003, it works for providing an html disclaimer. The only feature I could not test was the different disclaimer for different AD group members (available in the advanced version). This is because the AD domain and the kerio domain were slightly different and so QS was unable to match the email addresses correctly.
Previous Topic: Linux, AD, and KRB5 woes
Next Topic: Exclude 1 user from webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 08:09:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.