Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating to new server (Maybe Windows to Linux?)
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
We're purchasing a new server to host Kerio mail server. Mostly, the upgrade is to faster hard disks.

I have the choice of using Windows Server 2008/R2 or SuSE Linux Enterprise server as the host OS. Windows has the advantage of familiarity. Does KMS run in SLES, and if so, are there any distinct advantages to doing so? We'd be on a bit of a learnign curve for that OS.

Thanks in advance.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
marook

I would run it on OS X Server, but that is just me.. Wink

Far easier than both Win08 & SLES!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
altivec

Why not run ESXi ?

It's free and would allow you to run multiple OS and also have the opportunity to do good testing before update or major work on your system without ditching the production environment.

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
  •  
scottdube

I'm running two KMS servers both on Ubuntu Desktop version 9.04 and 9.10. They run great and are WAY faster than the Win2K AS boxes we came off of. Plus it's free and there's almost no learning curve.

sd
Previous Topic: Save outgoing SMTP in IMAP folder of user?
Next Topic: Message header problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:30:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.