Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Combine IIS7 SSL and Kerio SSL (HTTPS) - different ip's (Problem to combine IIS7 and Kerio Mail SSL)
  •  
vicompany

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

W're running a Windows 2008 webserver with IIS 7 in combination with Kerio Mail 6.2. The server is allocated to 5 IP addresses. On the mail server, we have setup one IP address assigned to Kerio (HTTPS and some other Kerio services, SMTP for example). This IP is also the servers' Primary IP address.
I want to setup a SSL / HTTPS site on IIS 7. Of course; using another IP address then the Kerio one. But somehow, I get the following error;

---------------------------
Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)
OK

To debug some things;
1: we've shut down Kerio. And started IIS HTTPS (with the other IP then Kerio). IIS works fine, but no Kerio; Kerio won't start.
2: Visa versa

What's wrong? Am I doing something wrong? I'm 100% positive that IIS and Kerio have their own IP...

I hope someone can help me finding a solution.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Oskam - VI Company

[Updated on: Mon, 02 November 2009 15:34]

•  
vicompany

Hi!

I've solved the problem!
IIS7 assumes it's running alone on the server and took an 0.0.0.0 address for all services you add. HTTP and HTTPS.
You can see it when running 'netstat an' in cmd.

If there are some 0.0.0.0 addresses you can add the ip address your IIS7 is using by doing the following;

1) Open a command prompt
2) Type netsh
3) Type http
4) Type sho iplisten. It should be blank
5) Type add iplisten ipaddress=192.168.0.90 (you're server ip('s))
You should get IP address successfully added
6) Type sho iplisten again
It should show 192.168.0.90 or more in the list
7) Type exit to get out of netsh
Cool Type type netstat -an. See if you notice 192.168.0.90:80 in the list. If you see 0.0.0.0:80, do an iisreset

Thanks to; Steve Schofield

Tim Oskam - VI Company
  •  
davelee212

I've just had exactly the same problem and was just about to post a note about it. Thanks very much! Now i've got IIS on one IP address and Kerio Webmail on another Smile
Previous Topic: Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition and Kerio Connect 7.2.3
Next Topic: Migrate IMAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:46:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.