Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Mail Archiving
  •  
pieter@mgfx.co.za

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I would like to know when to start using the built in mail archiving option in kerio admin console. By default its off but when must I swith it on. The mailboxes are getting quite big and I suspect that by using this feature that things will start working faster??

How does it work compared to Outlook archiving? Will and how do I have access to my archived mail?

Any advise would be appreciated!

Pieter
  •  
pcunix

No, it's not going to make anything work faster and it doesn't change any mailboxes. You are misunderstanding its purpose.

See http://manuals.kerio.com/kmsag/en/sect-archiving.html

I wish Kerio DID have a feature to automatically trim off old messages to another folder, but at least for now, they do not.

It's not all that hard to do that manually: see my http://aplawrence.com/Kerio/fixing-large-mailboxes.html

But it would be better if this could happen on a set schedule!

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
pieter@mgfx.co.za

Thanks for the reply! I certainly misunderstood that. What axactly is it for then? Is it just for catogorising your mail?

Anyway I now decided to use Outlook Auto-archive and the strange thing is that it does not actually archive my mail. I have about two years mail in my inbox. If I set auto archive to archive mail older than 12 months then it just leaves it there??? Very strange! I am not having a good archiving day! lol!

Thanks for your help!
  •  
pcunix

No, not for categorizing.

Many companies today are legally required to keep copies of email. Archiving makes that copy before the recipient even sees it, so it can't be lost.

Tony Lawrence
  •  
pieter@mgfx.co.za

Thanks!

You wouldnt know why my outlook archiver would not archive the KOFF mailbox?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Raider wrote on Wed, 04 November 2009 14:39
Thanks!

You wouldnt know why my outlook archiver would not archive the KOFF mailbox?

It's impossible to say with no information (Kerio OUtlook Connector version, add-ins installed in Outlook etc.).
It usually happens when some Outlook add-in (eg. antivirus) modifies the messages ad changes the timestamp.
  •  
pcunix

No, sorry. I don't do much with Outlook. Don't like it much Smile

Tony Lawrence
  •  
it@leonardsexpress.com

I am having the same problem. I noticed yesterday that my mailstore was pretty large 1.9 GB. So I decided to do some Outlook auto-archiving. I set it up, started it, it built a archive PST and pumped some data into it. I can see the messages inside of my archive.pst file....great. However the message are still inside of my KOFF database and mailbox. On the server side if i look in the admin console, my mailstore size has gone down...but nothing has been moved out of the KOFF database. we do not have anti-virus addins in outlook, and the KMS we have is KMS 6.7.2 Build 7821 with Outlook 2007 SP2. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, this could pose to be a big problem.
Thanks.
-IT <a.t.> leonardsexpress.com

IT Admin
  •  
davide

Someone resolved archive from outlook KOF?

Any conseil will be appreciated
Previous Topic: author not available #5.3.3.
Next Topic: Public Calendar Notifications Bounceback
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:18:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.