Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Verizon Droid - Will it work with Kerio? (Looking to get the new Motorola Droid from Verizon )
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Send a private message to this user
Tomorrow it is released! Nov 6th, I just wonder will it work with Kerio or not (with or without) a thirdparty app.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks,
Trent

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Since the device has not been tested with Kerio MailServer I think it will not be allowed to synchronize with current Kerio MailServer version.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Does it use Microsoft Active Sync, if so would it not just "work"? I know we have to pay verizon $15/month for the service but if it ties into "exchange" I would assume it is using Activesync right?

Thanks for the response.

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
M Moogle

Trent wrote on Thu, 05 November 2009 20:22
Does it use Microsoft Active Sync, if so would it not just "work"? I know we have to pay verizon $15/month for the service but if it ties into "exchange" I would assume it is using Activesync right?

Thanks for the response.

You don't actually have to pay Verizon $15 for Exchange on top of the $30 data plan: http://www.gearlog.com/2009/11/personal_droid_data_will_cost .php

As for Exchange support, you'll probably have to enable the unsupported devices setting in the config file to even get Kerio to talk to the device. As for what happens then, who knows? The iPhone and Pre both had issues when they were first released with Exchange support...
Previous Topic: Malware and trojan
Next Topic: Where is the support for mobile Devices
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:19:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00372 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.