Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Motorola Droid
  •  
jeffcollett

Send a private message to this user
I picked up my new droid this morning and wanted to give everyone a heads up.

It synced up great with Kerio 6.7.2 with allow unsupported devices set to 1.

Just thought I would let everyone know.

Jeff
  •  
mpermann

Jeff,
Thanks for posting the success with the Motorola Droid. I've had a user already ask me about whether it would work. Glad to here it will work with the unsupported devices bit set. Of course, we all know it isn't "officially" supported yet. Razz
Mike
  •  
tek_san

Hmm,
I have a HTC Hero for testing purpose.
It worked for about half an hour and then stopped syncing. I did not get it to work again.
There are active connections but the dont sync. I removed the mobile from my account, it reconnected but still no mails synced...
I wonder when Kerio will support those devices..
oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
jjprusk

Where is this bit set? And is your Droid still working? I just picked one up and it [obviously] doesn't sync - it just hangs.
  •  
tek_san

The file is called mailserver.cfg and can be found in your Application Directory Kerio / Mailserver/
There is a setting
AllowUnsupportedDevices
You should change this to 1 and restart the mailserver.
oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
jeffcollett

tek san is correct

The droid is still up and running. Syncing is faster than my older phones with email. I am happy with it.

Jeff
  •  
M Moogle

Having no problems so far with mine. Email and calendar seem to sync both ways just fine. Am I crazy or is there not a 'Todo' app that syncs w/ Exchange?
  •  
innovativecs

Just set one up, easiest phone I've sync'd so far. Right now it has downloaded 700 out of 2000 contacts and sync'd the email. I had to change the allow unsupported devices and then chose to set it up for an exchange server.
  •  
jbbobiak

Motorola Droid - Two of my users had a problem with the contacts sync'g. USER 1: The first was a staunch palm Treo 755p user that refused to use EAS. He would only back-up using his Palm Desktop app. When he switched to the droid, the phone vendor transfered his contacts via the mysterious black box that phone vendors have. The Droid refused to sync the contacts with the server there after. We solved that problem by exporting a .csv from the Palm Desktop app. then importing it to Outlook. After the contact database was successfully in the Outlook client, we installed the Kerio Connector for Outlook, configured the autosync and there after the Outlook synch'd up with the Kerio Server. After that the Droid was sync'g properly.
User 2: Original sync went well. At some point after the original successful sync, the database on the phone became corrupted and sync'g of contacts ceased to function. After exporting the contact database to the Droid's external SD card, I reset the phone to Factory Default and set it up again. This fixed the sync'g problem on the phone. !CAUTION! setting to Factory Default wipes the phone clean of all downloaded apps.

JBBOBIAK
Never trust a user
[img=images/smiley_icons/icon_smile.gif]Smile[/img]
  •  
jbbobiak

Kudos to the originator of this string, Jeffcollett, for the Unsupporteddevices switch tip.

JBBOBIAK
Never trust a user
[img=images/smiley_icons/icon_smile.gif]Smile[/img]
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

For the record: You're synchronizing unsupported devices on your own risk. The clients were not tested and we cannot guarantee functionality or data consistency.
  •  
jeffcollett

Update:

jbbobiak,

I had a brief corruption too. It involved my calendar being off about 28 days. I caught it fast and it didn't corrupt the calendar on the server so a quick delete and re add squared it away.

I have had a couple new users connect with a droid to our server now too and they have all been successful too.

Also, I can't take credit for the unsupported fix. I found it on a palm pre thread:-)

Jeff
  •  
cbonzey

Can you guys give some further assistance on this? Just had a user try to sync the Droid Eris and is using IMAP for mail, and only wants a public calendar synced.

How do I edit the mailserver.cfg file in CentOS?
  •  
ccjwells

You need to make sure the mailserver is stopped and I have always use vi to edit the config file. I think the default location is /opt/kerio/mailserver (at least that's where it is on my system).
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

cbonzey wrote on Wed, 09 December 2009 20:05
Can you guys give some further assistance on this? Just had a user try to sync the Droid Eris and is using IMAP for mail, and only wants a public calendar synced.

How do I edit the mailserver.cfg file in CentOS?

Public folders (and calendars) cannot be synchronized via ActiveSync due to the nature of the protocol.
Previous Topic: HTC Hero (Android) Email sync issue - missing first character of 'from' email address
Next Topic: Resource booking not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 01:35:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00599 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.