Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.7 (Adding another Primary Domain migrating users mail)
  •  
lynuss

Send a private message to this user
HI Guys,

Wondering if someone with good KMS skills could point me in the right direction?

A client who currently has KMS 6.7 20 user license (all used), wishes to move current primary domain to another totally different domain on the same hardware.
My question is, can this be done ie different mx records ..same IP ? If so how would one go about moving old domain IMAP folders onto new domain users folders ?

The way i can only see doing this is by buying another 20 licenses and making new domain primary and putting bounce on old domain until clients are aware of new domain .. OR is there a way to migrate imap users to new domain and use only one license to send generic 'we have moved to new domain' bounce mail ?

Im sure if were not moving hardware and not moving IP this can be done, just dont know the most efficient way of doing it ...

TIA for any advice,

Best

Lynuss
  •  
r1sync

Yes this can be done by editing the config files for the mail server..

see here:
http:// support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarti cle&kbarticleid=337

The page does not tell you the location of the "mailserver.cfg" or "user.cfg"

The default location of the 'user.cfg' and the 'mailserver.cfg' file is;

Windows
C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer

Mac
/usr/local/kerio/mailserver

Linux
/opt/kerio/mailserver

PM me and I can help you if you need any help!

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2009 03:35]

R1sync Kerio Hosting

www.r1sync.com
  •  
lynuss

That certainly makes things a WHOLE LOT easier, thanks for pointing me in the correct direction, however what would you suggest for an auto reply for the old domain ...
if its not there, it cannot accept mail and therefore cannot respond with a generic
" we have moved to a new domain newdomain.com, please readdress this email with the same username but now <_a.t_>newdomain.com"
could you make the old domain a secondary and leave a semi permanent bounce on ?
I know this is not best practice due to spam attack joe jobb etc but of course some it wont be possible to notify all potential clients ..

Any suggestions ?

Thanks so much for your good help ,

best

ben

•  
r1sync

There is a few things you could do.

1- Have kerio map the old domain to the new domain. You can do this in the admin panel "domains". Select your new domain and create an "Aliases", this will map old domain users to new domain users.

2- Just a quick thought would be to have a second mail server (basic server like cpanel's or some other hosting panels mail server) and set up your old domain there with all of your users accounts and put a auto-reply on, telling the sender that you have or are going to shutdown that old domain name. You could also forward the mail the new domain or pop the accounts on the kerio server if you wish to keep the old domain active until you shut it down..

R1sync Kerio Hosting

www.r1sync.com
Previous Topic: kerio 6 and blackberry 9700?
Next Topic: 64Bit Mail Server Windows/Linux
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 13:21:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.