Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » problem with DNS
  •  
goran147

Send a private message to this user
Helo everyone,
I have some strange problem with my Kerio WinrouteFW. I am using Windows 2008 Server Standard Ed, and I have Active Directory Domain Service installed on it. I am also using Microsoft DNS Service (because of AD).
For Internet connection I am using ADSL. Everything is configured properly and working OK, until next problem occurs:

After 12 hours (I suppose this is time for PPPoE session from my ISP) every client using IE in network cannot open web pages on Internet, and client using Firefox can open but it opens very slow. I checked up error log in Kerio and this is what it reports:

(0) Failed to send DNS query to server xxx.xxx.xxx.20: 10049
Last message repeated 6 times
(0) Failed to send DNS query to server xxx.xxx.xxx.10: 10049
Last message repeated 5 times
(0) Failed to send DNS query to server xxx.xxx.xxx.20: 10049
Last message repeated 5 times

1. I have tried disconnect and reconnect PPPoE connection, still reports the same.
2. The same configuration was working in Win2003 without Active Directory Service (I was using Kerio DNS service)
3. When I restart Winroute service, everything is working OK for 12 hours.

Any ideas??
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

You must disable the DNS forwarder in Kerio WinRoute Firewall in order to be able to use the other DNS server on the some machine.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
goran147

I've done that in the first place. tnx for the answer...
Previous Topic: How to deny Yahoo Messenger and deny a secure http
Next Topic: License idleness
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:16:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.