Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X 10.6.2 Update iCal Connection Problems (Unable to connect after OS X 10.6.2 update)
  •  
dmesser

Send a private message to this user
A number of my users have upgraded their OS X to 10.6.2 and are having problems connecting to KMS, now. They get a variety of errors ranging from unknown user, password incorrect, server not found, and it doesn't appear to be affecting all 10.6.2 users. It's very inconsistent.

I installed 10.6.2 on a test machine and set up my iCal with my KMS account from scratch. It seems to make the initial connection fine as it does fill the Calendar cache folder with some data. Under delegates in Account Prefs I get no users listed, where I normally have several. Under the Window menu I have no users that share their calendar, where normally I have several. I have my calendar populated with the events I should have, but I have the "!" triangle next to my account in the left well. I also can't connect to get updates or add events.

I'm running KMS 6.7.2 on OS X 10.5.8, 2 X 2.8 Quad Core Mac Pro with 4GB RAM.

Anyone else seeing this problem?
  •  
marook

No reports about that yet.

Personally it's working fine here. Are your CalDAV URL fine on the installations where it fails?

Like: /caldav/users/doman.com/username/

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
dmesser

The path is actually one of the weird things that's going on. When I set up an account from scratch, stepping through the set up in iCals prefs after clicking "+", it uses the path "/principals/users/domain/user/". I tried changing "priciples" to "caldav" but I get the same problem. I think it's really odd that it will initially read the calendar in, but after that you get nothing but connection errors.

I'm willing to try any test anyone suggests. This one has me scratching my head.
  •  
marook

dmesser wrote on Wed, 11 November 2009 23:20
The path is actually one of the weird things that's going on. When I set up an account from scratch, stepping through the set up in iCals prefs after clicking "+", it uses the path "/principals/users/domain/user/".

Yeah, but that path is Apple's default for the iCal Server... Why Kerio is not using that, is the odd thing..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
alobi

Hi
I have the same problem since I have updated to 10.6.2 and also interested in a solution.
I also have try different thing. Trying to change the path. Sometime it works for one or two synchronizations and than it fails again.
Anybody an idea?
Greeting from Berlin

Kerio 6.7.2 on an mac Tiger Server

[Updated on: Wed, 11 November 2009 23:39]

•  
dmesser

Ah! It's not just me, then. Thank you for adding that. Hopefully this can get figured out soon.

Dave

[Updated on: Wed, 11 November 2009 23:35]

•  
dmesser

Just a brief update on this.

I wanted to verify that the problem was indeed the 10.6.2 update. I did the following.

I set up a workstation clean with 10.6. Verified that iCal was connecting fine to KMS. All good. Moving on.

Ran the 10.6.1 update. VErified that iCal was connecting fine to KMS. All good. Moving on, again.

Ran the 10.6.2 update. iCal worked intermittently at first with the established iCal account then stopped working altogether. I deleted the account setup in iCal and started fresh. After setting up new it read my calendar once then failed persistently after that.

So, it appears that the problem is with the 10.6.2 update. However, I do have users that are working under 10.6.2.
  •  
dmesser

Adding another symptom to this issue.

When in iCal under 10.6.2 and you have the ! triangle indicating a connection error, you can refresh all day long and continue to get error. But if you quit ical and relaunch, new items in your calendar will show up. The connection warning still persists. So, it appears to connect and read the calendar just fine on first launch, but after that it won't connect.
  •  
robjfrost

Hi we also have this problem, luckily its just three users on Snow leopard.
So looks like the new macbook pro will be going back down to 10.6.1

Unless anyone knows a way round it that is, as I have exhausted any thing i can think of?
  •  
Dr.Bob

Same here, 2 macpro's with 10.6.2 and connection errors in iCal (since the update), one collegue that didn't upgrade yet (so still on 10.6.1.) and he has no issues at all.

A fix or workaround is highly appreciated! Smile
  •  
robjfrost

Well I restored my mac back to 10.6.1, sent an invite to the same OS and below with no errors. Sent an invite to 10.6.2 and the mail gets returned. So the error is with the OS update for sure.

Thanks

Scrap what i have said above what ever has caused the problem is now plaguing 10.6.1 too ?

[Updated on: Fri, 13 November 2009 13:32]

•  
dmesser

Here is what I get in my system.log on the 10.6.2 workstation:

Nov 12 14:01:00 backup iCal[201]: Calendaring data empty
Nov 12 14:01:01 backup [0x0-0x12012].com.apple.iCal[201]: 14:01:01.095 [iCal:201] ERROR (AYOPERATION): <CalDAVGetDelegatesOperation: 0x14a4f950> is setting its error twice (current is Error Domain=AYNetDBErrorDomain Code=8 UserInfo=0x14a726d0 "The operation couldn't be completed. (AYNetDBErrorDomain error 8.)" and new is Error Domain=AYNetDBErrorDomain Code=8 UserInfo=0x14ada520 "The operation couldn't be completed. (AYNetDBErrorDomain error 8.)")

•  
cwachs

Same exact issues on all of my 10.6.2 installations. I get the "Server not available" message in iCal when trying to sync. If I delete and re-add the account in iCal, it syncs the first time and then never syncs again. It also does not show my any of my delegates calendars (which used to work in 10.6.1) so I can't see what co-workers are doing who have given me permission to view them.

Has this been filed as a bug with Kerio yet for official fixing??

[Updated on: Fri, 13 November 2009 23:59]

•  
dmesser

I'm don't think it's a Kerio bug. Everything was fine until the nightmare known as 10.6.2 came out. I'll file a bug report, though...
marook

So, if you have your data on the server, reset your iCal!
Make sure you hav ebackup of Local calendars!

Remove:
~/Library/Calendars

Remove any keys in your users Keychain pointing to the iCal account.
Start iCal and re-add the account.

For the record, is 10.6.2 no nightare here (100+ users)

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 7+ Entourage EWS
Next Topic: Autoforward sent mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:10:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00591 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.