Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » User Stats (Logging of user stats)
  •  
Quentinb

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I am new-ish to KWF and like what I see. I have run into a bit of a funny though. I run KWF as a transparent proxy and auth users from AD (Server 2008). Everything works well except I do not get stats for the users. I can see in the HTTP log, which sites have been accessed by the users, and I can see which users are active under "Active Connections". KWF does not show any RX or TX speeds for the users under the Active connections, nor is there any data in the User's stats. Collection of user data is enabled in KWF.

Only the system admin logs data.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 November 2009 13:19]

•  
Quentinb

Hi,

I can see what is going on here. If my users authenticate using NTLM then their stats are NOT recorded. If I force the browser to use non-transparent proxy and set the Browser proxy settings to KWF, then the user authenticates via KWF PROXY (Automatically) instead of NTLM, then their stats are recorded.

Is KWF suppose to work like this??

I want the browser (IE8) to "Auto Detect" settings and MUST go through the KWF proxy. Is there any way of setting this??

I do not want to go to each machine and set the Proxy settings. I want auto Detect. Also, If a user is clever enough and sets their browser to "Auto Detect" I as the administrator will not be able to see their activity. This is a loop hole in the system!
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

Are you sure you only have one default gateway defined? The behavior you are describing may occur if KWF is unable to tell which side is internal and which is external, usually due to a misconfiguration of interfaces.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Quentinb

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the info. I do have 2 WAN IP's and 1 LAN IP. My default gateway points to the LAN IP handled by Windows DHCP (Not KWF) from a client machine. I do get an error from KWF about Default Gateways when starting up, but I have tried everything to get rid of the error.

If I di not put the gateways into my WAN connections, I am unable to browse the net.

e.g
Wan1: 192.135.30.2 - Gateway 192.135.30.1
Wan1: 192.135.20.2 - Gateway 192.135.20.1
LAN : 192.168.1.1 - Gateway 192.168.1.1
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

The WAN gateways are fine. You must remove the gateway from the LAN interface. Assign its IP statically, not using DHCP, and do not specify any gateway. Also if you want proxy autoconfig to work, you must use the DHCP server in WinRoute.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Quentinb

I think the DHCP is where I might have gone wrong. The trouble I had is that the Server 2008 does not install Active Directory unless DNS is running on the machine itself. I tried the KWF DNS first, but Server would not pick up correctly and forced the DNS install from Server 2008. After that I had intersting times with DHCP from KWF and DNS from Windows. What I have done for now is used a GPO to force the Proxy Settings in IE and removed the Settings option from the clients machines.

I will need to re-load this machine maybe.... Crying or Very Sad
Previous Topic: problem with setup PLZ HLP
Next Topic: DNS forwarder listen on loopback
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:32:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00502 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.