Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS and iPhone Complete Solution?? (KMS Shared Calendars, iPhone CalDAV)
  •  
Bryan at Deneb

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a company that would like to rely on KMS shared calendars and the iPhone however, I am having the following issues getting this to work. They would like to be able to view, edit, and add appointments on the iPhone to the shared calendars. Posting to individual private calendars is not a solution.

1. I have made the shared KMS calendars available on the iPhone via the CalDAV interface in version 3.x of the iPhone software. Events cannot be edited or added to the shared calendars. This makes it impossible to use as a solution.

2. Meeting invitations cannot be accepted and added to shared calendars. This is true for the iPhone and using iCal. In iCal, meeting invitations are added to the first private calendar on the users workstation. These invitations cannot be moved to a shared calendar and must be entered manually on the shared calendar.

This seems like a basic requirement for a collaboration environment that supports mobile devices. What am I missing?

Bryan
  •  
marook

Hi Bryan,

Ad1:
The iPhone can, for some reason, only see your own calendars on the account. It can, though, have more than one CalDAV account configured without problems. One mine, I have 1 'Exchange' against Kerio, 1 Google & 1 CommunigatePro account.
If you select a calendar in the Public Folders on your KMS and select 'Use in calendar client..' it lists a CalDAV URL to the folder, for for some strange reason, KMS does NOT access the calendar when accessing this CalDAV path, but the private calendars for the user logging in! Seems strange that Thunderbird should be able to access this path via CalDAV but not the iPhone ... Kerio?

Ad2:
Meeting invitations are 'personal' - period!
So the whole idea is to invite People (and maybe the room & projector...). So to me it makes 200% sense that you can't do this. Some notes to your people:
1: If you see a meeting invitation in your inbox, leave it and open iCal and refresh - there you go, reply to the meeting in iCal!
2: Stop using 'local' calendars if at all possible. You can make as many server based calenders you like in Kerio! Do that, and get all your agendas synced to your phones over the air!
3: Set your access via Webmail - iCal can only set a general ACL for ALL calendars. Via Webmail you can set individual access rights for each calendar.

To solve the issue with the shared calendars, then I would suggest adding One account for the 'company', like the info<_a.t_> or something, add the calendars there they would like to share and then make sure to delegate the account to all that needs access.
Then you can add this 'company account' to all peoples iPhones (use iPhone Configuration Utility to make a settings file) and your can also 'invite' the account to mettings. It's not personal, but it gets the job done.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
Bryan at Deneb

Marook,

Thank you for the reply.

For question 1, I have been able to add the shared calendars to the iPhone using a CalDAV account and this works fine for viewing the shared calendars. However, I am unable to post new events to the shared calendars on the iPhone. How is this done?

For question 2, I do understand why invitations cannot be added to shared calendars. That makes perfect sense. However, without the ability to add to the share calendars from the iPhone, I am still faced with the same problem.

Bryan
  •  
marook

Hi Bryan,

If you have the calendar on the iPhone(via caldav) and can see the events, you should also be able to add to if. When you create a new event, there is a selector for what calendar it should be in - with a default set in Preferences. Once created, you can't change it on the iPhone - but iCal can do that (at least on 10.6+)

So, it has to be a CalDAV account, and the calendar should be in that accaount - not in Public Folders.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
mschwieger

Hi Bryan

did you use this URL style on the iPhone?
For a Public calendar;
HTTP(S)://mail.domain.com/caldav/users/domain.com/.public

Mind the .public at the end.

Works for us.

iphone OS 3.1.2
KMS 6.7.2

Found it in this document btw:
http:// support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarti cle&kbarticleid=530

Cheers
Mats
Previous Topic: Problems with phonesync
Next Topic: win mobile 6.5 and active sync - root certificate not valid
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:34:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00620 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.