Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » HTC Hero (Android) Email sync issue - missing first character of 'from' email address
  •  
jpuddicombe

Send a private message to this user
Synching emails with Kerio through HTC Hero (I believe currently not formally supported by Kerio) using HTC's Exchange sync protocol, the first character of the 'from' email address is lost upon receipt.

e.g. where the 'from' address was

Mickey Mouse <mouse<_a.t_>disney.com>
Note: <_a.t_> = the at sign

It is received onto the Hero as

ouse<_a.t_>disney.com

i.e. missing the 'm' from mouse.

This is most apparent when replying, as the email address is then displayed and of course fails to deliver.

Kerio: 6.7.2
HTC Hero ROM: 2.73.405.5

Has anyone else seen this issue?

[Updated on: Mon, 23 November 2009 12:11]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Hi,

this is a known issue with HTC Hero and KMS 6.7.x. Support for HTC Hero will be added in some of the next versions.
As a workaround, you can setup to sync only Contacts and Calendar and use IMAP for emails.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 November 2009 13:49]

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
jpuddicombe

Many thanks for the swift response - much appreciated!

Now if only I could work out why synching my calendar gives me an error, 'Synchronization is experiencing problems'...

[Updated on: Mon, 23 November 2009 14:02]

•  
evsmetal

Quote:
this is a known issue with HTC Hero and KMS 6.7.x. Support for HTC Hero will be added in some of the next versions.

Hopefully the HTC Droid Eris (which, as far as I know, is Verizon's version of the HTC Hero) will then work as well. Smile

By the way, the Eris shows up as 'htcdesire', which I think was their code name for it before release.

After hours today, I'll try turning on unsupported devices in the mailserver config to see if I can get it to connect at least.

EDIT: seems the HTC Droid Eris already works with ActiveSync (well, I only tried calendar) once I set unsupported devices to 1 in mailserver.cfg. Great! Now to convince the bosses to pay for the data plan. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 24 November 2009 01:08]

•  
cwachs

I have been testing a Sprint Hero and it also has issues. I've had problems with calendars and mostly contacts not syncing. The initial sync went fine when I set up the ActiveSync account but it no longer syncs contacts at all, calendar items and email is sporadic.

Error log is full of:
[04/Dec/2009 13:48:18] ASyncWBXml.cpp: ActiveSyncWBXmlReader::ReadNode: Invalid inline string received

I see that Hero is supported in version 7.0 but how about an update to 6.7? Also, the Palm Pre has been out for 6 months and there is still no mention of support for that phone.
  •  
Jedpeters

Has anyone had success getting these rolling/going with 6.7.3?

Throwing it out there......

I have three folks that want to deploy verizon as backup phones....any other ideas which phones to go with otherwise on verizon?
  •  
cwachs

Contacts still fail under 6.7.3 Also running 7.0 beta 3 (which claims to support HTC Hero devices) and contacts do not sync still after the initial sync. Calendar items seem ok and mail seems to work as well - just a total failure in contact syncing in any direction. Kind of a deal killer.

However, I do have reports from users that Motorola Droid phones are working fine but it is running Android 2.0 while the Hero devices are 1.5 or 1.6

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

cwachs wrote on Sun, 13 December 2009 00:32
Contacts still fail under 6.7.3 Also running 7.0 beta 3 (which claims to support HTC Hero devices) and contacts do not sync still after the initial sync. Calendar items seem ok and mail seems to work as well - just a total failure in contact syncing in any direction. Kind of a deal killer.

Please provide to us the debug log with enabled HTTP and ActiveSync debugging. Thank you.
  •  
cwachs

Per request, attached is a debug-log file with only ActiveSync and HTTP on and the error log. This log file is only for the period of time during a failed HTC Hero syncronization of contacts.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 December 2009 21:10] by Moderator

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Well, it would be better to send the logs to our technical support. I've removed the debug log from the forums to protect privacy.

Interesting. You HTC Hero from Sprint seems to use different identification than other HTC Heros from retailers we've seen. We need to analyze the logs, so please be patient.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Try to remove the slash character ('/') from the contact name. It seems to corrupt the data sent from the device to the server.
  •  
cwachs

Explain what you mean. I don't know where there is a "/" in a contact name. You can take this to a private message or email if it is not relevant to the forum.

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Hello,

We are having the exact same issues with our HTC Hero (Google) devices. The initial sync seemed to work great, calendar, contacts, email, but after that we get sporadic email, little to no calendar sync, and contacts just error out on the sync page on the phone. It has also been hit or miss with getting downloaded attachments to open as well.

We are on 6.7.3 Patch 1, and have the above problems on some of the G1 and Motorola Droids as well. I have yet to see an attachment open on my moto droid!

One other thing to add is IMAP, does work and will allow you to download attachments, however, in order for you to be able to send out via SMTP you have to put your IP address in the STMP service white list. The problem with this is that is changes all the time from provider to provider, tower to tower, and state to state...etc. So how do you get around that?

Any help is appreciated,
Trent

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

I take that back, we are having the missing email address character on the G1, not the HTC Hero. The hero is experiencing all of the "sync" issues.

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
mj

I'm experiencing that missing email address character on my HTC Hero, too. Calendar and contacts sync fine though, no issues there. No problems with IMAP, except that IMAP Push is not implemented in Android 1.5 yet. Running KMS 6.7.3 Patch 1.

Apparantly these issues are supposed to be gone in Android 2.1, which is supposed to arrive for the Hero in mid February. Hopefully it'll work by then.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2010 10:30]

Previous Topic: LDAP / OD and Kerio
Next Topic: Motorola Droid
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:33:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00519 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.