Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Resource free/busy and calendar
  •  
samvenning

Send a private message to this user
Scenario
Setting up and testing a new mail server.

I've created a resource (equipment resource) called 'melaircard2' for the domain 'abt.com.au'. In Kerio Administration Console I've set up the resource so that users from the primary domain 'abt.com.au' can schedule this resource. I have nominated myself 'saven<_a.t_>abt.com.au' as the 'Reservation manager'.

Problem
1. Web interface. Users can create and event and 'invite' the resource 'melaircard2<_a.t_>abt.com.au' (ie this is how I understand a person "books" the resource). I'm expecting the resource to become "busy" when the event is created. For some reason the resource is still available to other users. Any reason for this?

2. Web Interface. In the web interface I've subscribed to 'melaircard2<_a.t_>abt.com.au' calendar. I'm expecting the event to appear in the resource's calendar (in effect making that resource 'busy' and unavailable to others). The event (the "booking") doesn't appear in the calendar. Can anyone explain why it doesn't appear in the 'melaircard2<_a.t_>abt.com.au' calendar?

Possible Explanations
Does it take a while after creating a resource for it to work properly?
Might there be another reasons this isn't working?
Am I setting up and using this resource incorrectly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.2
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The resource should be reserved immediately. The event organizer should get the response (either success or fail) for the invitation from the resource and the event should be visible in the resource calendar.

Please make sure, you're using correct resource email address as well as organizer email address (it must be the user allowed to reserve the resource). Also check the mail log and debug log with enabled "Resource reservation" debugging.

Everything should work as you've described but for some reason it seems the resource didn't get the invitation email.
  •  
samvenning

Thank you for adding "it seems the resource didn't get the invitation email". This helped me work out what the problem is. I was clicking "Save and Close" in the web interface. Of course, (it now makes sense) it is necessary to "Send" the email/invite for the resource to be booked.

Problem solved! Smile
Previous Topic: win mobile 6.5 and active sync - root certificate not valid
Next Topic: SPAMS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:18:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.