Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reading Kerio with Google Calendar
  •  
sjogro

Send a private message to this user
Hey there, I want Google Calendar to read the public calendar from the Kerio MailServer at work.
Whenever I add the url that iCal uses to read the calendar ('www.myurl.com/caldav') to Google Calendar, I get a read error.
This is not surprising since iCal doesn't just read this URL but also uses a login and password, and reads a calendar called 'General' from the folder 'Public Folder'.
Can I make KMS render this calendar in a format that Google Calendar supports? (.ics perhabs?)

I tried 'http://login:password<_a.t_>www.myurl.com/caldav/Public%20Folder/General'.
This generates a similar read error ('Could not fetch the URL').

Please help if you can,
thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 15:21]

•  
semabra

Is there a solution?
  •  
marook

1: Login via Webmail
2: Right Click the calendar in the Folder list
3: Select Use in Calendar Client
4: Copy the URL for iCal: https://mail.domain.com/ical/public/calendarname

Should be it!

Note: Access RIghts needs to have a rule for Anonymous Access = Reader.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 January 2010 09:51]

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
sjogro

As I try to subscribe to the URL that Kerio provided (https://my.domain/ical/public/Algemeen
) in Google Calendar I get the error message "Couldn't fetch URL".

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 15:44]

•  
semabra

I can't find: 'Select Use in Calendar Client'. Is it available in 6.5.2?

I tried by my own. The access-rights should be set. I got no errors but the Google Calendar doesn't view any events.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 January 2010 15:37]

•  
jach

Same problem. My Google Calendar accepts the URL, but no events are imported. I do have Anonymous Access set to read. I know from experience from other systems, that errors like these often is related to a malformed feed, i.e. date formats, encoding and so on.

Jacob Chritiansen
WAYF
  •  
hello

same issue for me...any updates on this?

Chris
  •  
hello

Is anyone able to subscribe to their Kerio calendars thru Google? I have updated Kerio to v7 and have set the calendar read access to anonymous. I continue to get the "Could not fetch the url" error.

Chris
  •  
jach

Still same problem. Can't subscribe to my Kerio calendar. This is a serious bug, since the web interface in Kerio to the calendar is useless. I will not surgest to any one to use Kerio before this bug is fixed. Considering changing back to Exchange. It cost more money, but it works.

Jacob Chritiansen
WAYF
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Are you sure the problem is not on a Google? Does Google even contact Kerio server?
Check logs and network packet dump.

I know there were troubles with HTTPS subscribing from Google Calendar because the client does not even contact the server.
  •  
hello

Thanks for the reply's

@pdobry - I am trying to connect using the HTTPS protocol so that might be the issue. I do not have HTTP enabled due to security concerns but could enable it temporarily to see if that works. This will not be a long term solution as I will be turning it off again when done with the test.

Chris
  •  
marook

I can't get it to work via https on our KC7 as well - that at least should not be Kerio's fault!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
bojay

I've had a minor breakthrough with my sync.
I was stuck with google calendar accepting the url to my Kerio calender (found by right clicking my calendar in the webmail, and "use in calendar client")

In that pop-up Kerio gave me a link for my (personal) iCal calendar.

http://mail.xxx.dk/ical/xxx.dk/bo/Calendar (in my case)

Google accepted the web-calendar, but did not show any events.

By making the capital "C" in the above URL to a lowercase "c", google now shows my events (eventhough read only)

I have the "Anonymous access" user set to "reader"
  •  
willamettevalley

I can confirm what bojay said. I too could not get the calendar to work in Google Calendar until I saw his post and changed the capital C in Calendar in the URL to a lower-case c.

I don't know why Kerio can't get this fixed so the URL on the Integration page is formatted correctly for Google Calendar.
jach

Still doesn't work for me. I do not understand what the problem is. If i paste the URL given into my browser it retrieves the .ics file. I am beginning to wonder if this is actually a problem i Google Calendar.

The starange thing is that if I download the ics file an import it, it works like a charme.

Btw. i tried putting my calendar URL into this http://severinghaus.org/projects/icv/ and got the following error:

Your calendar is using an invalid newline format. Make sure to use \r\n to end lines rather than just \n (RFC 2445 §4.1).
Sorry, your calendar could not be parsed.
Error: Error was: Error at line 1: Expected [-3], read [-1]
Cause:

so maybe the problem is the \n. This however do not explain why the offline import work and not the online.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 13:49]

Jacob Chritiansen
WAYF
Previous Topic: Carddav SSL port
Next Topic: Can admin view user's email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:55:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.