Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » White Screen Outlook (Help!)
  •  
nicholash

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Ive been having a trouble with kerio on outlook about 12 months now.
Since before i can remember our outlook has been freezing to a white screen for about 5 minutes. Then coming back like normal. What i want to do is stop this happening. Ive never had any other troubles with outlook on other mail server types. Ive used Exchange at another company and have had no problems.
Now im hitting about 75 mail box's here and everyone seems to get white screens all the time in there mail. Now my MD has been noticing what a bad impact it is having towards our sales people. 5 minutes every 30 minutes in turn loses them 80 to 120 minutes a day without emails.
Can someone please suggest where i am going wrong or any possible fixes for this?

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2009 14:43]

Thanks

Nick Hicks
  •  
RPC_Admin

This is an off the cuff response, but might help. Is this happening to all of your users? I have had this in the past, but upgraded versions of KMS and a few tweaks by my users have made it a problem of the past.

1.) Make sure inboxes are as streamlined as is workable. I have users limit the amount of messages in their Inbox, by moving as many as possible to subfolders. Also large emails will cause trouble here.
2.) Have you tried making sure you don't have any addons active?
3.) If its only a handful of users, consider creating new profiles for them.

These are just some suggestions, you should submit a ticket though.

•  
nicholash

thanks for that.
how big would you say is too big a mail box?
what should i restrict them too.
i dont think our thin client is too slow.
do you know how kerios CPU usage is spread.
for example 30 percent keeping outlook alive and connected 50 percent sending 20 receiving.

Thanks

Nick Hicks
  •  
TorW

Is it KOC or KOFF? We have a customer who thought it wise to have about 15,000 mails in his KOC inbox. This gave him a "white Outlook" (2007) at regular intervals since (I think) KMS needs to index the inbox every time something happens (just like every other IMAP server). That takes a lot of time.

After making folders beneath the inbox and stashing away most of the 6+ year old mails, the white Outlook syndrome was gone.
Previous Topic: Redirect not working
Next Topic: Read spam from eml to train filter
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 11:24:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.