Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Centrally exporting all user's mailboxes to PST
  •  
dcolpitts

Send a private message to this user
We have a client running Kerio Mail Server who is in the process of merging with another organization, and it has been decided that they will be migrating their Kerio users to the other organization's Exchange 2007 server. This leaves us with the task of exporting users' Kerio Mailboxes to pst files to import into Exchange 2007. Aside from resetting all the Kerio users' passwords (which is not an option) and manually logging into each user's Outlook and exporting their entire mailboxes to PSTs, is their any tools available that we can run centrally to do this (via an automated process or something?). We don't want to have end users doing this themselves, and we need to accomplish the cut-over all at once after hours... We have about 20 Kerio users with 60GB of mail to migrate.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2009 20:08]

•  
gbrown100

I would suggest minimum two people each with a dedicated "import PC", a weekend, a gigabit lan connection and a lot of coffee / pizza... The 20 users is not so bad but 60gb will take a while.

I do not know of any apps that will do it but you could look at creating the kerio / Exchange accounts all in advance on a couple of suitable "import" PC's (Just create a whole bunch of profiles called Kerio-User and Exhcnage-User). The when it comes to it you only have to download whats changed in the kerio mailbox since you set the accounts up, export to PST and log in as the user on exchange to import.

Good luck.
  •  
dcolpitts

Yeah - I didn't find any tools, so I ended up changing everyone's Kerio account to use internal authentication and set everyone's password to password (not for AD, just Kerio), redirected the inbound SMTP proxy to Exchange, then RDP'd into 14 of the desktops as myself (plus 1 session on the XenApp server), created new Kerio mail profiles and exported the entire mailboxes to PSTs housed locally on each PC. While the exports were running, I ran the following Exchange Management Console command for each mailbox:

Add-MailboxPermission "mailbox to grant the rights to" -AccessRights FullAccess -user "Domain Admins"

When the exports finished, I created new Exchange profiles and imported the PSTs. Finally, we use Scriptlogic Desktop Authority for configuring the users' environment at logon, and it has an Exchange profile creator/updater in it. I set it to delete all existing mail profiles for each user on login, and to create a new one for Exchange on their next login.

All total, the job took about 4 hours on Friday evening (from the time I changed authentication until I started a backup job on Exchange after the migration and shut down my VPN connection). Not bad considering I was sitting over 1200 miles away from the client site in my home office when I did it (oh - and no coffee or pizza, but I may have found a beer in the fridge).

dcc

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2009 12:18]

•  
gbrown100

Nice! A bit more elegant than the Pizza / Coffee solution lol.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2009 13:23]

Previous Topic: Install fails without giving reason
Next Topic: Kerio Mailserver on multiple IPs
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 21:21:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.