Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't use KOC on 2 computers for the same account
  •  
fourkings

Send a private message to this user
Hi there, i must say that kerio is a lovely software.

I've a problem, the mail account itself works fine and I use outlook on two laptops, one for work and one that I use mainly for travel.

I first setup the KOC and the account with outlook on the "travellaptop" and when i get home and want to do the same with the computer at home this is not possible. Just gives me an error message saying MAPI failed and IMAP won't work or whatever.

Simply i can't reach the account with outlook, is it so that you can't have two outlook accounts with kerio? Or is it something my computer is whacking about?

thank you
  •  
gbrown100

Hi,

Did you try using your working laptop at home? Does Kerio still work? That would rule out any issue with your internet connection.

If you get an IMAP error then you are doing something wrong, Kerio connector does not use IMAP.

Bottom line is you can have as many connectors with the same user as you want.

Thanks

Graham
  •  
fourkings

The working laptop works perfect at home!

Well it doesn't say that IMAP doesn't work but MAPI. MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED is what the error says.

Thank you for your continuous help. I hope we can figure this out soon.

Regards
Shayan

•  
gbrown100

What version of the following so you have?

Kerio Mailserver
Kerio Connector
Microsoft Outlook?

Did you try downloading and installing the latest office service pack from Microsoft?
After that I would:

Remove Kerio COnnector then reboot
Install Kerio connector again and reboot
Go to control panel, Mail, Show Profiles and set up a new profile
Then configure Kerio connection manually

See how that goes.
  •  
fourkings

Kerio Mailserver 6.7.1
Kero Connector, Offline edition
Outlook 2007 enterprise edition.

I've already done the process maybe 4-5 times. Still get the same error.

But i haven't done the kerio connector manually. Don't know how to?

•  
fourkings

When open outlook, and the login info comes up where you have to write in your password for the first time. I put in my password, retrieve the info correctly but when i click ok, the bar moves a little and then the error comes. It says, Writing to Profile Failed, MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED
  •  
gbrown100

How are you installing the connector and configuring, are you using the integration link from the webmail page?

In outlook, Help, about Microsoft Outlook - what version does it show?
  •  
fourkings

I do the integrate with windows thingy - where i have the Kerio Connector and the kerio configurator.

My outlook version is 12.0.6514 SP2 installed.

•  
gbrown100

FYI - Page 316 of the manual runs through manual installation / configuration of the connector.
  •  
fourkings

aha! But will it work perfectly? I'll check that directly!
  •  
fourkings

When i do it manually, an error occurs again. This time it says, Cannot open default email folders mapi e call failed again..
  •  
gbrown100

Sounds to me like either you do not have enough rights on the computer to install the connector OR your user profile is corrupt... Are you an admin on the working one but only a user on the broken one?
  •  
gbrown100

FYI - Try testing the theory of a corrupt user profile by creating a local user account and following the manual setup procedure from there.
  •  
fourkings

Hey now i've tried to do it manually but installing KOC and just put in the info in the KOC right away.

IT goes further now, instead of forcing me to login, the process proceeds instead i get this.

Check the picture.

Thank you

• Attachment: map1i.jpg
    (Size: 37.01KB, Downloaded 414 times)
gbrown100

So did you try testing with a clean profile?

What about the admin rights I asked about?
Previous Topic: Images lost when forwarding HTML Messages
Next Topic: migrating from Outlook 2007 to Mac
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 17:40:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00600 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.