Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF v6.7.1 HTTP Direct connection (without proxy) doesn't work
  •  
kssxs

Send a private message to this user
I am trying out KWF v6.7.1, and have found that if I enable the non-transparent proxy, AND forwarding to my ISP's proxy, I can surf the web from all clients configured to use KWF as the proxy address. But if I disable the proxy, and/or the parent proxy, either by turning them off on the KWF machine, or by disabling it on the clients, and try to use the direct connection method, I get a 'Page cannot be displayed' error message. KWF authentication is off, and there are only standard rules defined in the traffic rules. I'm not sure what is blocking direct HTTP traffic (without the proxy).

Anyone have any ideas on what I can check, or do, to enable direct connection web traffic? I DO NOT want to use the proxy! I also don't know how to show if my direct packets are being dropped on the KWF host (I've tried enabling packet/connection logging, but nothing shows up in the 'Filter' log).
a
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edit: Also, I can't surf the web on the KWF host without using the proxy as well. If I disable it, I get the same error message that I get on the clients.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 December 2009 01:53]

•  
kssxs

So, it seems I've found the problem. The 'Default' Protocol Inspector setting is the one to blame (although I think it's actually the HTTP Protocol Inspector that is the source of the problem, but don't have time to confirm that). I found that if I set the 'Protocol Inspector' setting in the 'Rules' window to 'None', instead of using 'Default', traffic is now passed fine. I've been able to disable the proxy, and all traffic is good to go.

Is there a known issue with using the 'Default' setting?

Edit: On another note, are visited websites not tracked by WinRoute unless you use the proxy? I noticed that now my HTTP and Web logs are empty once I enabled the direct connection (without the proxy)...

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2009 20:09]

kssxs
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

kssxs wrote on Tue, 15 December 2009 20:08

Edit: On another note, are visited websites not tracked by WinRoute unless you use the proxy? I noticed that now my HTTP and Web logs are empty once I enabled the direct connection (without the proxy)...

This is the purpose of the protocol inspectors - watch traffic, block/allow access to the sites and make antivirus control.

If it starts working with disabled HTTP protocol inspector then it is a proof that the problem is not in KWF. Your system is running another NAT or filtering software which conflicts with KWF. It is usually RRAS on Widnows Server. You have to disable that.
  •  
moro666

I faced a problem with HTTP protocol Inspector, when prowsing FaceBook , i got most profiles picturs droped!!

So, after long trials .. i found that when desabling HTTP inspector, every thing goes fine !!

I still cant' say it's Kerio Problem, But for now that's what happend to me.

ps. prowsing speed was very smooth and fast when desabling HTTP inspector. YES, I have many filtring rules. Smile

Mohammad Habeeb
Previous Topic: VPN Authentication Failure
Next Topic: not able to block Yahoo by URL
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:18:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.