Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Login Webmail
  •  
DllFile

Send a private message to this user
Hi if anyone can help me I would be greatful. I have downloaded a trial of Kerio Mail server with Antivirus. I have setup the server, it send and recieves mail, I can login via outlook to check and send mails no prob there. Prob is when I login through the webmail interface it says login failed. I use a router, but all the ports are forwarded to the machine running the mail server. I tried both regular and ssl webmail interface, both give the same error. I then proceeded and uninstalled, then reinstalled the software making sure I set the domain correctly during setup. But also, during setup do I need to put http://domainnamehere.com or just the domain name? I put just the domain name but thought I would ask just in case that is wrong. I just want to get this thing working with the web interface so I can test drive it and create a nice theme ect.. Pop3 is nice, but not everyone wants to use outlook, most prefer to just login through a web based interface. I am running it now on SSL on port 8080 so it will not interfer with my webserver, which I have setup to send user registration info via the mail server, works great, just the webmail portion I cannot login to.

Please help asap, thnx.
  •  
kyrakin

try logging in the user with the full e-mail address..

i.e. username<at>domain.com

If you dont have IP Address groupings matched to a non default domain you get the above problem. I sorted it by using the whole address as the login.

Let us know how you get on.

David

•  
DllFile

yeah I have tried that, sorry I forgot to also post about trying that as I read it in the user manual. Funny thing is, from the start I have setup the software and installed it specifying my domain as the name, so everything says my domain, the only part that specifies local is in smtp relay, i also enabled it to allow smtp relay of localhost so I can use local php mail functions to sendmail. Everything works, I can also login to the web interface using my local ip, which is strange, I do not understand why it will not let me login from outside. I have all the ports that are specified in the services forwarded to the local pc, I can even check my mail using outlook. So its not making any sense to me why just this one part of the software is giving me a prob logging in. I thought maybe it has something to do with the router, so I set the pc to DMZ mode and tried, but nothing, I then removed the router put just the server straight into the net, no firewall, no router ect.., then messaged my bro on msn to try loggin in using both just the user name and also username<at>mydomain but no good he cannot login either. :/
  •  
torrie

Hi, did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem except that I'm able to log in through Netscape, but not IE. Any help would be great!

Update - I am able to get in through IE when I go to the ip address instead of the domain name - but that seems odd, anybody know how to fix this?

[Updated on: Wed, 09 June 2004 20:31]

•  
numeprenume

1. Maybe you browser caught an adware, try running an adware remover.
OR
2. webmail sometimes has problems logging in if the user authentificates with PAM, try adding the user wtih Internal database user option.
Previous Topic: Help need to know how to send email to all users in my domain
Next Topic: I want to send an email to each email address in the domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:52:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.