Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Custom oversized attachment bounce message
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I know about the /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/reports/ directory and how to mod its contents. However, I'm having trouble locating the means to modify the message that is sent when an outside sender tries to attach a file that is too large.
Which rep file is related?
Where is the source that populates the parameters of the rep files (and can they safely be altered)?

I'd like to inform oversized attachment senders to use our file upload utility.

I've noticed previous threads with similar requests. Some received Kerio replies that incorporating into KMS a user-friendly mechanism for customizing server replies wasn't worth while.

With respect to the Kerio stance, I'm curious to know how users feel about this. Feedback? If there is a fair number of people who would benefit from this perhaps we can all put in our feature requests the official way.

My opinion is that being able to provide our customers with a professional and useful bounce message is worth some attention. Alternate opinions are welcomed!

Regards,
Lyle
  •  
evsmetal

More end-user customization is always a good thing. Smile
  •  
Lyle M

Thank you evsmetal.

So, only one person feels this feature is important? How about some comments on why it's not useful?

Regards.
  •  
marook

Lyle,
Just because we haven't all replied to you post, does not mean we don't like the idea, or even have already filed an ER for it.

Go to support.kerio.com and file it! The more the merrier!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
waheed

I guess marook is right....
go and file it it will definitely help.....
Previous Topic: Nokia exchange and imap mail problems
Next Topic: sending mail to a group and a recipient in this group failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:44:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00450 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.