Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Complete Recovery? (Asking how to use kmsrecover for complete and incremental backups?)
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
Had a hard drive go out on me so I am moving KMS to another temp box while I get the main one fixed up. I have been able to get the server up and running and I ran kmsrecover /backup. /backup is my folder which contains all the zip files. Running kmsrecover grabbed all the backups which start with C (i.e. C20091204T145537Z.1.zip etc). There are 6 of these guys, no problem. I can turn the KMS service on and bingo everything is up but the most recent stuff is from the 12/4 when the main backups were made. I do a fullbackup on the weekends, and incrementals during the week. I see 4 zip files which start with I (i.e. 20091209T060001Z.1.zip) dated 12/9. There are also an additional 3 files which end in .part which begin with an I (i.e. I20091210T060002Z.1.part) dated 12/10. I am assuming the C is for complete and the I for incremental?

So my question is how can I do a total recovery where it recovers the complete and the incremental sets of data?
  •  
marook

Does this help:

http://manuals.kerio.com/kms/en/sect-kmsrecover.html ?

F = Full
I = Incremental
C = Manuel full start.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 December 2009 09:26]

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
migsutu

I had looked at the recovery section but I didn't see anything pertaining to recovering the incremental backups. The examples just recover the last complete backup, which is what I followed. I was thinking of just running kmsrecover on the individual incremental files, but wouldn't that overwrite the data I just recovered? I would like to be able to recover it in one step if possible.

marook are the capital letter flags what I should use when running kmsrecover? Example:

./kmsrecover -F /backup

Is this pretty much the command I am looking for?

Thanks for the help and input.
Previous Topic: Modifying Mass user Quota
Next Topic: Cross domain configuration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:33:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.