Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » McAffee is not updating
  •  
bronco

Send a private message to this user
Since we done at the client site a complete restore of the Mailserver with version 5.7.8 we noticed that the file update.ini downloads different versions for the firewall and the mailserver namely Fw=4353 and Mail=4350.

Do more people have this same behaviour? Is there a solution? Because we tried stopping the mailserver and copying the files from the FW to Mail by hand. But when the system does an update check it will be reverted back to the old version. Maybe there is a bug on the Kerio update site?

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 11:08]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

bronco wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 06:19

Since we done at the client site a complete restore of the Mailserver with version 5.7.8 we noticed that the file update.ini downloads different versions for the firewall and the mailserver namely Fw=4353 and Mail=4350.

Do more people have this same behaviour? Is there a solution? Because we tried stopping the mailserver and copying the files from the FW to Mail by hand. But when the system does an update check it will be reverted back to the old version. Maybe there is a bug on the Kerio update site?

No, there is no bug. This actually mean that you are using cracked version of KMS and we know your IP address and updates of McAfee are blocked.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
bronco

No. The client is using NO Cracked version but a TEST version. There looking at Kerio products and MS products on the moment. It maybe experied. I will look into it and otherwise have it renewed. Thanks anyway.

Update:
Oops. When we did the restore it restored a outdated License.key. Replaced it with the current Test one and no problems anymore.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 16:09]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

bronco wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 15:57

No. The client is using NO Cracked version but a TEST version. There looking at Kerio products and MS products on the moment. It maybe experied. I will look into it and otherwise have it renewed. Thanks anyway.

Update:
Oops. When we did the restore it restored a outdated License.key. Replaced it with the current Test one and no problems anymore.

Well, I am pretty sure that you didn't use outdated license.key, but cracked version. I also know that somebody from your IP address it trying to change licence ID to another invalid licence.

This is a reason, why you cannot update McAfee.

Petr Dobry
  •  
bronco

Hi Petr,
Yes they were using this because they wanted to get the users back up and running again. I told them to use the renewed keys and everything is back to normal again.

Can you tell me when beta 6 is coming because the client wants to move from MS Exchange to KMS only when they now that KMS 6 is coming within a reasoble time and that they can start testing a beta or rc release soon.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

bronco wrote on Fri, 30 April 2004 01:24

Hi Petr,
Yes they were using this because they wanted to get the users back up and running again. I told them to use the renewed keys and everything is back to normal again.

Can you tell me when beta 6 is coming because the client wants to move from MS Exchange to KMS only when they now that KMS 6 is coming within a reasoble time and that they can start testing a beta or rc release soon.

I believe that beta will be released within one month.

Petr Dobry
Previous Topic: Strong password GPO's and KMS
Next Topic: Mac client message order
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:30:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00389 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.