Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Meeting invitations very slow (Handling meeting invitations takes ages for some users in Webmail)
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
Hi there!

For some of my users handling meeting invitations in Webmail is very VERY slow.

When some of my users (incl. myself) receive a meeting invitation, it takes 40 to 50 seconds (!) to open the message and be able to 'Accept', 'Declined', etc. When I hit 'Accept' and send that message back, it also takes about 8 seconds for the message to be sent. Similar thing happens when I create a meeting myself (that goes okay) and I receive the 'Accepted'/'Declined'/etc. messages back: they also take about 12 seconds to simply open.

For users without this problem, all the above actions take just 1 or 2 seconds. For those with this problem, it's just the above scenarios that are slow; Webmail is very fast in all other situations.

When I say 'open the message' I simply mean clicking on the messages and waiting until the message contents appear in the preview pane. During this waiting, Webmail is 'frozen' with a spinning hourglass at the top of the folder list.

It doesn't matter if I use Firefox 3.x or 3.5.x, or IE7 or IE8 or on WinXP or Win7: there all just as slow in processing the invitation. It is also not a specific Kerio Mailserver version: the slowness has been there for the same users for at least the last 5 to 10 releases (I don't know about before that, we didn't use invitations back then).

I guess there must be something specific about these users, but I have thought hard and cannot think of anything special about the users with this slowness. Seems to be a random bunch. Mind you, it's not just a few people, but a significant minority. Of course including the President of the company Confused . At first I thought it was all users with Smartphones syncing with Kerio, but soon enough I found an example of a users with the slowness without a Smartphone.

Anyone got any idea how to solve this issue?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2009 17:22]

•  
mpermann

I experience a similar issue on my account as well. We are using Kerio 6.7.3 and I am using Safari 4.0.4 for my browser. Do you know if the people that are experiencing the slowness have a lot of events in their calendars or not? I am wondering if the speed is relative to the number of events they have in their calendar. I have 1359 events in my calendar Embarassed which could possibly be affecting the speed. But that is just speculation on my part. I too sync an iPhone with my account so that is something I appear to have in common with you. I personally never thought this was abnormal behavior. I guess I have just gotten used to it. But faster would be better. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the issue or experiences they can relay?
  •  
winkelman

Hm, amount of items in Calendar, could be. My Calendar contains about 3350 items... Good suggestion.

I'll see if I can find someone in my company with the slowness, but without many items. (Or of course, find there is indeed a correlation with nr. of items and slowness Razz .)

Still, you wouldn't expect the server to need to read in all items simply when opening an invitation. I can think of no reason in the whole invitation accepting/declining process why existing items would matter at all. Only time when existing items matter is when you are creating an appointment, then the server needs to read in the free/busy info of other users. But that part goes very quick, no issues there.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This issue will be addressed in some next release.
The number of items does matter all the time. Even with reading the invitation response, the correct item has to be found in the calendar.
Previous Topic: Change Active Directory User Name and keep original mailbopx
Next Topic: SMTPS relay problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 13:57:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.