Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio and Multiple servers?
  •  
EQNish

Send a private message to this user
I want to build a second Kerio Server for backup/Failover (MX 20) and also host a few e-mails for the local network...
Senario,
I have 2 locations, Maryland and Alabama, Currently we only have a mail server in Maryland no redundency/failover. I want to instal a second server in Alabama as an MX20 for Maryland as well as a MX 10 for Alabama..

I want to host alabamas mail on the MX20 and have it work as a redundant server for maryland, and visa versa in Maryland

Can Kerio do this Out of the box?
  •  
bernardy25

I never set-up the second server for my network but I think it is possible without any major problem.
  •  
marook

Nope, not in 6.x
There is some cluster support in 7.0, but it does not seems to be frontend cluster, only backend (connections to users) and storage will NOT be redundant, as I read the whitepaper.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
jhawley@hawleyhosting.com

I am looking for a solution to this as well. What about a simple solution for near-line fail over? Can you use Microsoft's DFS to replicate the store and other directories that are needed?

Then when you need to fail over, all you would need to do is bring the secondary server online, and maybe change its address.

Has anyone tried something like this?

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2010 22:11]

•  
jspiva

It is possible to Virtualize your machine that runs Kerio Connect, then utilize the high availability features of the virtualization infrastructure. We currently use Parallels Server For Mac to provide a limited but very functional system for quick recovery from hardware failure and other failures. We have this system hosted at a colocation facility that has redundant power and data connections. Some of the higher end solutions available from VMware could allow for live migration of the Kerio Connect server to other physical locations.

Jonathan.
  •  
faisex

I m running Kerio 6.x for a client in a near-redundant model (no access for users) when primary server fails, as secondary server does not have users configured. DNS points to to MXs, one with higher and second with lower priority and ETRN downloads are configured, so emails to our client's domains do not bounce back to senders even when their primary server is down and are queued to their secondary server and once primary is live again, it ETRN downloads from secondary servers queues.
I am also looking for a auto-fail-over cluster(high-availability and/or high-processing) solution for this client as well as other clients. Is it available in Kerio Connect 7? if yes how?
Previous Topic: kconfig and PHP
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector 64bits support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:20:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.